Family Fun Fair

Family Fun Fair

Really Rural Real Estate

Stoltz of Coudersport

Howards

Vintage Bi-Plane Rides

Vintage Bi-Plane Rides

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 20,000 to 50,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

Auction & Yard Sale Page

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Pictures Of Oswayo Fire That Destroyed 2 Houses



Photos by Bonnie Baker

Click any picture to enlarge



Bonnie Baker has sent pictures of the disastrous fire at Oswayo.
Bonnie writes:

If you could say a few words about their good neighbors........
Heroes in Oswayo's eyes.
Heath Evingham, Deanna Johnston and Bill Simpson.
Deanna Johnston alerted Mrs Miller that the house was on fire and escorted her to safety.
Heath Evingham grabbed a garden hose and began putting out the burning debris falling on Deanna and David Johnston's home. Johnston's home was directly downwind from the blaze and would have caught fire if not for Heath. Heath stayed in the front yard of the Johnson's home throughout the fire and intense heat with a garden hose, putting out the small fires as they came down and kept the house watered down.
Bill Simpson, was also able to fight the heat and flying embers get to Mrs Miller's car and summon the help of others, to help push Mrs Miller's new car out of harm's way and save it from burning.
And through all the destruction, the American Flag and U.S. Marine's flag stand through the flames.
Joseph Miller is a retired Vietnam Combat Veteran.

More pictures will be posted later. Thank you Bonnie for sending these pictures.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am saddened to hear about the fire from my Mom today and actually seeing the pictures on your website made me stop and think for awhile. That was my Grandma Ruth Freelove's house (my Mom's house when she was growing up of course) I have many fond memories as a child there. I am glad no one was hurt. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Thanks, Kirk
glassfancy@columbus.rr.com

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 10:15:00 PM EDT


2 comments :

Anonymous said...

I am saddened to hear about the fire from my Mom today and actually seeing the pictures on your website made me stop and think for awhile. That was my Grandma Ruth Freelove's house (my Mom's house when she was growing up of course) I have many fond memories as a child there. I am glad no one was hurt. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Thanks, Kirk
glassfancy@columbus.rr.com

mlbuchanan2002@yahoo.com said...

This fire happened just after I moved from the area,I just want to thank the neighbors & others for being there for my cousins Joe & Pat. Thanks.