Howard's Inc.

Stoltz Of Coudersport

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 30,000 to 50,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

E & G

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

Howard's Inc.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

PA House Updates Small Games Of Chance Laws

Veterans Groups, Others to Benefit from Update of
Small Games of Chance Laws, Causer Says

HARRISBURG – Working to support veterans groups, fire companies and other civic organizations, the state House on Tuesday adopted legislation to update the state’s Small Games of Chance Act, said Rep. Martin Causer (R-Turtlepoint).

“Especially during these challenging economic times, we need to make sure our community organizations have the tools they need to raise money and keep their groups operating,” Causer said. “The outdated small games of chance laws are putting our veterans groups, fire companies and others at risk. I am pleased to see an update of these laws moving forward.”

House Bill 169 seeks to increase prize limits for small games of chance from $500 to $1,000 for daily drawings, from $5,000 to $30,000 for weekly drawings, and from $5,000 to $10,000 for raffles per calendar month.

It also would allow organizations to use up to 30 percent of the money raised for the entity’s general operating expenses, which is currently prohibited by law, with certain specified prohibitions as to how the money may be used. The remaining 70 percent of the proceeds would be used in the public interest.

The Small Games of Chance Act has not been updated for 23 years. A similar measure has passed the Senate and Gov. Tom Corbett has indicated his support for small games of chance reforms.

House Bill 169 now goes to the Senate for consideration.


Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful thing for the non-profit organizations in p.a. it has been needed for a long time and as a member of one i have seen the struggles of these places.

Anonymous said...

does that mean the Texas Hold Em game can be re started? Oops, I forgot who stopped it. sorry ladies