Mobile Siren Testing

Mobile  Siren Testing

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 20,000 to 50,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

3, 4, and 5 year old preschool openings at the United Christian Academy in Smethport, PA. Transportation provided. Open house and registration on Friday, April 25th from 2-4 p.m. and 6-8 p.m. Only $60.00 per month for 2 mornings per week. Applications available at the school office by calling 814-887-9231. Also accepting enrollment for kindergarten through 12th grade for the 2014-15 school year. The school offers developmental screening for preschoolers and employs only PA certified teachers.........................What do bugs, candy, rollercoasters, and legos have in common? They are all things that your kids could be doing this summer instead of just watching TV or playing video games. Send them to the half day summer camp program at the United Christian Academy in Smethport, PA. They will participate in special theme weeks which include many different activities, as well as a summer-long Olympics competition complete with medals and award ceremony. Call the school at 814-887-9231 for an application. Only $50.00 per week for a great learning experience. 9 a.m. to noon

Friday, March 16, 2012

Philip A. Pecora, 82, of 110 Fuller Rd., Bradford, PA

Philip A. Pecora, 82, of 110 Fuller Rd., Bradford, passed away, Thursday, March 15,2012 at the Princeton Medical Center in Princeton NJ, surrounded by his loving children and grandchildren.

Born February 23, 1930 in Bradford he was a son of the late Stanley and Matilda (Caruso) Pecora.

He was a 1948 graduate of St. Bernard High School where he was a proud member of the 1946-1947 football team which defeated, among many others, Canisius High School of Buffalo.

Mr. Pecora was a veteran of the United States Army and served in the Military Police from 1953 to 1955 when he was honorably discharged.

He started P-V Paving Company, owned Lucky Dollar Market, Super Duper Supermarket and Plaza with his brother Richard. He developed the Chateau D'or Restaurant on East Main St. Mr. Pecora was also engaged in the oil and gas business for over 40 years.

He became a pilot at the age of 20 and was a long time member of the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association. He flew thousands of hours in his many single and twin engine airplanes .He loved to golf, especially with sons and friends. In 2002, he traveled to Rovito, Italy to visit the town where his father was born.

Mr. Pecora married Carol (Monti) Pecora on April 7, 1958, and had five children and eleven grandchildren; including son John (June) Pecora of Princeton NJ, and their three sons, Philip, Alex, and Tommy; son James (Susan) Pecora of Las Vegas and their son Trevor; daughter Anne (Joe) Grego of Centre Hall PA, and their son Joe and daugher Morgan, daughter Elizabeth (Keith) Koniares of Monmouth Beach NJ, and their daughters Kara and Kristen, and son Jay (Lisa) Pecora of Bradford, and their sons Evan and Jack, and daughter Erin, one brother Stanley E. (Patricia) Pecora of Bradford, and several nieces and nephews.He was predeceased by two sisters Rita Lonzi and Elizabeth Pecora and one brother Richard Pecora.

Friends will be received on Sunday March 18, 2012 from 2-4pm & 6-8pm in the Hollenbeck-Cahill Funeral Homes Inc East Main St. where funeral and committal services will be held on Monday, March 19, 2012 at 10:00am with the Rev. Raymond Gramata pastor of St. Bernard Church officiating. Burial will be in St. Bernard Cemetery.

Memorials if desired may be made to the charity of the donors choice.

Online condolences may be made at www.hollenbeckcahill.com

9 comments :

sherry pecora said...

to my husband and best friend of 35 yrs,not ay goes by i dont miss you. rest in thpeace you so dearly earned.the world is less colorful without you in it.i love and miss you. your wife sherry pecora

Anonymous said...

to m husband and best friend of 35yrs,philip a.pecora,this ismy first christmas without you.i cant bear the pain of this. i miss you and wish youwere here to wish you a merry christmas and to ring in another new year with you. nothing is the same without you.i miss you and god bless you. your loving wife, sheryl e. pecora

sherry pecora said...

in loving memory of my husband
Philip Pecora
02/23/1930=03/15/2012
Just thinking loving thoughts of you on your special day. i miss and love you. your loving wife sherry pecora

sherry pecora said...

in loving memory of philip a. p
ecora. 02\23\1930-03-15-2012
)ne year ago you left me. i think of you daily. my life was forever changed. This world is less colorful without you here.i miss and love you dearly.I wish i could spend one more day with you.i miss and need you
Your loving wife
Sherry Pecora
You were the best 35yrs of my life.Rest in peace things will work out im sure.

Anonymous said...

in memory of Philip A. Pecora
Iknow your in gods arms now.How beautiful his garden must be to take such a generous giving man from us.I miss and love you and always will. I had no happy Easter without you.rest in heavenly peace
your loving wife and best friend, Sherry Pecora

Anonymous said...

Phil, as fall comes closer, I miss you more. I miss going on the lease and picking blackberries with u. Ill always love and miss you. I hope you were right and the first person you saw in heaven was your dad. See you soon. Your loving wife, sherry

Anonymous said...

In loving memory of my husband. Philip Pecora 02/23/1930-03/15/2012. Another Christmas has come and gone without you,I miss you more each day.i miss our New Year's Eve together. Not a day goes by that I don't cry with a broken heart. I told you what would happen with your children. I hate that I was right. But hoping they come to realize how wrong it was. I hope you and your mom,dad,Rita , and Turk were together for the holidays. I want you here with me. I just can't stop loving and missing you. You were the best man I know. I now know, you worked so hard for us to have,not you. I thank you for loving me as hard as you did. No body could ever fill your shoes. I love you&that will never change. Your loving wife sherry Pecora

Anonymous said...

to my loving husband Philip A Pecora 02/23/1930-03/15/2012
i miss tou more every day.how do i get by the days without missing you. I'll never forget you or stop loving you.you were the best human being i knew. forgive them for wht they did to your will. They were under ann and stans influence.But then again.i told you so. you said not even in my death would they go against you.they did.If i could shelfishly bring you back for just one more week, things would be differernt. it's them'not me that has to answer to god. i've sent you another angel to watch over for me. Our little Phyllis is in heaven with you now. please watch over her as she has never spent a night without me.She's laid beside you on our farm as u wished. Lorde' It hurts so bad here without you.Another birthday without you. Another aniversary comes and i cant callyou. happy Valentines day. You were my only valentine and i miss you so much it hurts. Then another birthday for you that i cant say happy birthday to you arrives. please help me get through this. The pain and lonliness is too much to handle on my own.I also put a few of jesebelles ashes next to you to guide her through heaven too.i love you so very much and can't wait to see you in heaven.Wait for me.I'll be therer soon. till i see you again and put my arms around you and tell you how much i love you,miss you,i'll talk to you on your birthday. your very loving wife, Sherry Pecora

Anonymous said...

to my wonderful husband Philip Pecora 02/23/1930-03/15/2012 I want to wish you a happy birthday.I will never forget any of our special days.We'd be at the dog track as strange as that sounds.But it's true. I hope Phyllis and jesebel found you.You take care of them. Phyllis has never been alone.I have to believe that your taking care of them and they you.i love and miss you more each day. happy birthday,your very loving wife,Sherry.see you soon