Latest Shale Gas Newsletter AvailableLocal shale gas development has been slowed by economic trends and shifts in business strategies, but experts remain bullish on the industry in the long term. The latest edition of Shale Gas Roundup, examines these trends. It is now available at the county website, pottercountypa.net (click on Natural Gas tab/Monthly Newsletter).
A publication of the Natural Gas Resource Center, Roundup summarizes multiple issues related to the gas industry as it affects Potter County. The November/December 2012 edition features:
- A summary and forecast of economic trends and changes in the energy marketplace.
- Updates on local efforts to monitor and protect water resources.
- Detailed results from testing of more than 100 wells and springs in Potter County.
- A report on statewide efforts to monitor and measure air quality impacts from shale gas development.
- A detailed report on the challenges of identifying and remediating orphaned or abandoned wells across Pennsylvania.
- A breakdown of the Pa. Act 13 “impact fee” payments recently made to local governments in Potter County.
- Opportunities for natural gas job training.