PCEC

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 20,000 to 50,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

Auction & Yard Sale Page

Clark's

OUR CHOCOLATE MOOSE IS ON THE LOOSE....... BUT HIS BROTHER IS TIED UP AT OUR GARAGE FOR SALE (MADE OF PRESSURE TREATED PLYWOOD)........ OUR NEW & NOT SHOP, FOR OTHER ITEMS FOR SALE, WILL BE OPEN ALL WEEK THROUGH DECEMBER 19TH FROM 10 AM TO 5 PM....... THERE'S ALWAYS GUN STOCK ENGRAVING DONE HERE BY APPOINTMENT, CALL 814-544-7157........ WE ARE LOCATED OFF ROUTE 6 & TROUT BROOK ROAD AT 28 FESSENDEN ROAD IN ROULETTE TOWNSHIP........ THERE'S CHRISTMAS DECO SOLAR TOWERS MADE HERE, STRINGS OF LIGHTS, HANDMADE JEWELRY & MORE. FREE STUFF TOO................ COME ON BY AND LETS BARTER.

Monday, January 28, 2013

Family Member Comments On Theft Of Guns Near Eldred

This is Melissa R. Robbins, youngest granddaughter of Donald A. Robbins and great granddaughter of Clair Taylor. Taylor & Robbins gun shop belongs to my father and my uncle, it was my family that is devastated by this robbery. None of you can make any judgments on who is to blame for this or even comment on what the true value of those guns that were taken are worth. In reality, you all will forget about this and it doesn't make a damn bit of difference in your life but it means and changes everything for my family and I. My grandfather and my great grandfather were world famous master craftsman and gunsmiths. Top ten in the world at one point to be precise. This trade that has been passed down in my family for generations. None of the guns are for sale, they are family heirlooms that are to be passed down from generation to generation. I wouldn't have sold the 50 guns stolen for half a million dollars. The $75,000 appraisal must be based on the price that my grandfather sold the guns for when the shop was open back in the 60s because those are the numbers written in the books. My grandfather stopped crafting guns in the 80s and passed on March 9, 2006. These guns are like a Picasso to the art world, they can never be recreated or replaced. Like art they gain value as they age. These are not cheap guns you buy at WalMart or Dicks. These are hand crafted pieces of art that can take up to 3 years to assemble. My grandfather put his heart and soul into every aspect and component of his guns. I feel completely violated and disgusted that two low lives went into my grandfathers business, his home, his livelihood and stole his grandchildren and great grand children's inheritance.

You cannot blame the President for bad people doing bad things to good people. The two individuals responsible are desperate and completely reckless idiots. They had a lot of nerve to do what they did and it will prove to be the biggest mistake they have ever made, I can promise you that. The Pennsylvania State Police and ATF agents are investigating, they are professionals and I have complete confidence they will arrest the persons responsible. We have contacts across the country and around the world that will be keeping an eye out for these firearms. These unsubs committed a first degree felony and will be in prison for 10-20 years, not to mention up to a $25,000 fine. It's just a matter or time until they are caught but I will never stop searching for those guns and the persons responsible. This will never turn into a cold case as long as I'm living. Oh and thank you all so much for saying "At least no one was hurt."....oh wait, NO ONE DID! You people want to have emotions over someone stealing firearms that are not even yours? Get a grip! Wise up people, the United States has the longest standing constitution in the world and our Right to Bare Arms will not be going away anytime soon. I do believe civilians do not need automatic weapons, that's something I can see being a law. The problem isn't the President of the United States, the problem is the American citizens and the choices they make. To close, since none of you are personally connected to this robbery, AS THE VICTIM OF THIS CRIME, MY OPINION IS THE ONLY ONE THAT TRULY MATTERS! If you know anything about the crime please contact the Pennsylvania State Police.

28 comments :

Anonymous said...

Well said! I am glad to see you are taking a stand against people who "think" they know it all and talk nothing but crap!!! "UNLESS" it was their life that was affected... No one can understand but you and your family, everyone else needs to try minding their own business for a change!!! What ever happened to trusting your neighbor? Now the only thing a person knows how to do anymore is talk stupid and be selfish!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for your loss and also glad no one was hurt. It is a sad day when something like this can happen here. This isn't a big city where crime is an everyday thing. Its just scary to think our property isn't safe anymore.

harry j taylor jr said...

i hope you fine tim sobs i was sarry to here

Mr Realistic said...

Sorry to hear about the loss, but if the guns were so important and valuable, why weren't they contained in a more secure place? Maybe a couple of bolted down gun safes would have been a good investment. Just saying......

Anonymous said...

Seriously some people are just lowlifes.If whomever did this would happen to read Solomons and Melissas comment.You would have to not have a heart to want to give them back.So if the lowlife criminals who did this are reading any of this.Please put them where someone honest will find them and give them back to thier rightful owners.And if you don't I hope you both burn in the pits of hell and rot in jail.Douchebags!

harry j taylor jr said...

5:54 im with you on that

Anonymous said...

I see your frustration but "automatic" firearms cannot be owned by "civilians" fyi. This is what the media makes people like you believe. If they want to ban "military assault weapons", let them. Because this will not affect anything as "military style assauly weapons" only go to the military. Its the fine print that hurts us. They should say "guns that look like military guns" as there is nothing similar on an ar-15 to an m4 military rifle but the looks. I feel terrible for your loss and I am not one that made a crack at your misfortune. I am only making a point. Is there any way you can provide a description of your guns so everyone can keep an eye open? You need to take this nation wide to be successful. The only thing I got from my grandfather was a model 70 winchester 270 and I would die protecting that gun. I think of him every time I take it out and I can imagine how you feel. Maybe just a short description and we will ALL try to help you. Take care and good luck

Anonymous said...

Do you have pics of any of the guns so we can keep an eye out for them?

Anonymous said...

well wrting a article about the stolen guns surely doenst help matters. quite possibly the thieves will now get scared and the guns will be foun in the river or resevior. let the psp and atf do their job. obviously you are very upset I would be too but you have no idea who these theives are or what they are capable of.

kerry said...

As a personal friend of young Don Robbins (the grandson) through my son and daughter I find myself saddened and in disbelief with the recent robbery from the Taylor and Robbins Gun Shop. These thieves have stolen more than guns, from a very well respected family. They stole the family spirit along with the spirit of many of the members of this small community as well.
I have been in business in Otto- Township in excess of thirty years and have had a few times unfortunately experienced the violation of being robbed. I could not wish that on anyone. I understand what Mellissa and her family must feel and for that I am truly sorry for the emotions of this magnitude easily rival that of a loved one’s passing.
I feel confident these guns will be found and I pray to God that they are returned in the same condition in which they were taken.
As a young man I have many memories of going into Taylor and Robbins Gun Shop, to get a hunting or fishing license and visiting with Don and Clair as they were working on guns or perhaps crafting a fine banjo. Their legacy is second to none and very rarely do I ever drive by the old gun shop without recalling a fond memory. These thieves have no understanding the pain they have inflicted by their actions, nor will they understand the legacy that is projected at the mention of Taylor and Robbins.
Respectfully,
Kerry Bacha

Anonymous said...

Some thugs made off with some guns.
Not just weapons, but special ones.
Let's hope these hanus dildines get caught.
They were probably all doped up on pot.
Like Melissa says, we have a right to arms that are bare.
Ain't no government gonna tell me what I can wear.
This was not just a typical theft.
These feckless oafs left the family bereft.
May the police who are searching have success.
Maybe we need to resurrect Elliott Ness.
Have faith in the system, Melissa.
I'd like to punch both of those guys right in the kissa!
--Alan "Bags"

Anonymous said...

Check pennswoods.net classified under the gun section -- post a "stolen" ad like someone else did. People are looking for guns everyday -- maybe this will help locate them. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Good for you and I am sorry your family has been violated. There is so much paranoia out there about the gun issues. Theft os theft. I hope they catch the thieves

Anonymous said...

Obviously you're upset.... anyone would be, but why take out that anger out on innocents who only want to talk about what they read as news? You aren't the only one who has ever had things stolen. Others have memories of the business and also are affected by crime. Take a deep breath, and instead of villifying people who might be able to keep an eye out and HELP you, be nice and ask for cooperation. It will get you a lot farther than barking at everyone who wrote, then asking for help with your last sentence. I had shit stolen from me too, where were you when it happened to me? I was very upset by the reports of this crime until I read your post, now I'm kind of ambivalent toward it. As for your contention of 10-20 years in prison, that's a joke. Molesting a kid around these parts doesn't even land one in jail necessarily, let alone stealing some guns. Why don't you rethink your post for a while, calm down and reflect about how many people are victims of crimes more serious than theft? One family was the victim of their child being murdered not too long ago. Then apologize to all the people you offended for your rash words, and ask kindly for the public's help? Those actions will go a lot further than snapping at people who might be the ones to help you retrive your family heirlooms. The right to 'bear' arms is next to the one about the right to speak and the right to a free press.

Anonymous said...

Way to be a douchbag Alan...I'm sure they wernt hopped on pot cause then they would just be high and say that to much work...maybe you watch to many movies...I'm guessing since a pharmacy got broke into not to far away and it eldred where there never anything serious going on it was a pill junkie...big difference between smoking a joint and snorting/shooting pills. Never seen anyone smoke a joint and decide there gonna go rob somewhere.

Anonymous said...

While i certinaly find the theft of these classic firearms appalling I find this article offensive. While I can understand your sadness and frustration over the loss I DIDNT STEAL YOUR GUNS so why rant at us about not having feelings over this. Since your opinion is the only one that matters then why should I care? i hope you get tehse back and whoever stole them is punished but you make it hard hard for me to care about this by your attitude.

Linda Douglas said...

I too are very sorry for your loss. We live in Duke Center and have been burglarized twice. It changes your life. Most people do not understand this violation. We need to watch out for each other in our small community since we are not protected by a police dept!
Our criminal justice system is broken. I say, we get rid of crooked lawyers and go back to public hangings! Possibly this would be a deterent to the next person that thinks they have a right to take what is yours.
I sincerely hope and pray that your property is returned and the thugs that are responsible are brought to justice. Enough is Enough!

Anonymous said...

Great poem by Alan "Bags" except I think the word is spelled hanous not hanus. Good one though and to the guy who writes about how great marijuana is you probably don't spend a lot of time reading about how it changes people's behavior and such so I am not sure I put much stock in it. If you want to change Alan's poem just change the word from pot to pills. There. Done deal.

Anonymous said...

For everyone:

The word is spelled 'heinous'.

For gods sake, pick up a dikshunary.

Anonymous said...

i knew of and seen some of the work talyor@robbins did awsome. i felt sick when i heard.then i read this now u made me sick how sad...

Anonymous said...

I seen on CNN that guns are making their own decisions now and shooting people. Thats why we need to ban them all. Maybe these guns made up their minds to leave on their own. Wait for them to start filling out job applications and you got em'. Just my thoughts

Anonymous said...

Amen brother!

Anonymous said...

Well I made a post on the other article about this that said "Damn, $1500 per gun? Must have been quite the collection". And I am sorry for that as I did not know they were custom built rifles. On the other hand, I will be damned if I cross my fingers and hope you get your guns back for 2 reasons. The first and most important to me is the fact that you stated " I do believe civilians do not need automatic weapons, that's something I can see being a law." I have serious issues with that because that makes you like all the rest. Your argument is basically "My guns are ok and I want everybody to bend over backward to find them, but I dont care if you all lose what you enjoy". And number 2 is the way you talk to everybody and have the nerve to say " MY OPINION IS THE ONLY ONE THAT TRULY MATTERS!". Real nice lady...So this is my opinion: I dont feel long range weapons like these sniper rifles have any place in a citizens hands. Why would any civilian need to shoot 1000 yards accurately? Now, I couldnt care less if you find them or not.

Anonymous said...

Actually you can own and be in possession of machine guns, short barrel rifles/ shot guns, and suppressors in PA. The proper paperwork and tax stamp being paid is done thru the ATF.

Anonymous said...

Gun theft is happening all the time in this country and around the world. Two Pennsylvania thieves were caught yesterday in Baltimore with a cache of handguns stolen in Pennsylvania. I hope you find your family's guns, I don't care (and neither should anyone else 1/29 1:07) what kind they are. Aggravated burglary is a felony. http://wearecentralpa.com/fulltext-news?nxd_id=432372

Nancy V. Smith said...

would all these comments be written if the authors did not have the choice to be anonymous?

Anonymous said...

How does anyone know your real name is Nancy V Smith? That's a pretty generic name.
What difference does it make anyhow? This blog allows anonymous comments. It's like asking, "What would the color blue be called if it wasn't called blue?"
You can speculate all you want, but the fact of the matter is that anonymous posts are accepted.

Anonymous said...

Signed, Chris Carpenter