Investing in Education by Getting Pennsylvania out of the Liquor Business
Yesterday, Governor Corbett unveiled his plan to invest $1 billion dollars in education by getting Pennsylvania out of the liquor business. Here are the six things you need to know:
Thursday, January 31, 2013
1. Under the Governor’s plan, the entire Pennsylvania liquor retail and wholesale system will be run by private entrepreneurs.
2. Once the Governor’s plan is enacted, privatization proceeds will fund a four year, $1 billion grant program for PA schools.
3. The plan expands convenience and choice for Pennsylvanians.
4. The Governor’s plan makes it possible for the creation of a one stop retail shop where Pennsylvanians can buy wine, beer, and liquor.
5. You will be able to purchase six packs of beer and bottles of wine in the same place you purchase groceries.
6. The Governor’s plan enhances enforcement of liquor laws by significantly increasing fines for selling to minors and visibly intoxicated patrons, and proposes a 75 percent funding increase for alcohol treatment and prevention efforts.
Posted by Solomon's words for the wise at 1/31/2013 01:21:00 PM