Newsletter Launched For Potter Co. Veterans & Families
|Veterans Affairs Director Will Worthington|
Copies of the inaugural edition (January-March 2013) can be downloaded and printed from the county’s website, pottercountypa.net. Click on the “Departments” tab at the top and go to Veterans Affairs. Copies can also be obtained at the Gunzburger Building in Coudersport at 814-274-8290, Ext. 210 (Veteran Affairs) or Ext. 207 (Commissioners).
Among features in the January-March edition:
- Potter County Korean War veterans will be recognized at a special ceremony to be held later this year.
- A package of new state laws improves veterans’ services.
- Potter County is supporting the Education Center at the Wall and compiling information on local military personnel who were casualties of the Vietnam War.
- A new Veterans Employment Officer has been appointed to serve through Pennsylvania CareerLink in Potter and McKean counties.
- A VA Medical Center operating in a county building at Mapleview offers primary health care, screenings, enrollments and referrals.
- Services are being developed for families of returning veterans.