Vintage Bi-Plane Rides

Vintage Bi-Plane Rides

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 20,000 to 50,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

Auction & Yard Sale Page

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

No Injuries In New Year's Day Crash At Legion In Ulysses

There were no injuries in a 2 vehicle crash at 2:40 AM on New Year's day on Route 49 in Ulysses Boro.

Amber L. Palmatier, 24, of Ulysses, PA, driving a 2009 Chevrolet Silverado, turned left onto Route 49 from the Legion in Ulysses in front of a 2008 GMC Sierra driven by Brady J. Martin, 27, of Ulysses, according to Trooper Travis Trimbur. Martin was unable to stop because of icy roads and struck the Palmatier vehicle in the 2 o'clock position with it's 11 o'clock position, causing disabling damage to both vehicles.

Both drivers and three passengers in the Palmatier vehicle, Josh Palmatier, Jr., 40, Elwood P. Lewis, 60, and Deborah J. Lewis, 56, were wearing seat restraints and were not hurt.

Both vehicles were towed from the scene by Kightlingers. Troopers were assisted on scene by Ulysses Fire & EMS.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Plow the damn roads!

Anonymous said...

I travel over 500 miles a week from Ulysses to Olean each day and I must sadly say that the Ulysses area roads are the worst of my entire trip. Granted we are at a higher elevation and more apt to get more snow in that area but Route 49 (the main road) from Ulysses to 7 Bridges Hill is very poorly maintained. I dred winter simply for that fact. I don't know how many times I've called into work and said "I can't get out of town yet, the roads aren't plowed." I don't think they believe me half the time. I know PennDot can't be everywhere at once but it also needs to be noted that not everyone has a 8 to 5 job and for those of us that have to travel to find work, we may need to leave in the very early hours of the morning. I'm glad everyone in this accident was okay, as I know them very well, but something has to give with PennDot. I personally would rather have the salt on my car than drive on unmaintained roads.