Stoltz Of Coudersport

Street Machines Auto Care

Blake Dentistry Coudersport, PA.

Bokman of Wellsville, NY

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 30,000 to 50,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

Howard's Inc.

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

CRP and CREP Emergency Haying and Grazing Approved for Potter County

The Potter/McKean/Cameron Farm Service agency has announced Emergency Haying and grazing of the Conservation Reserve Program has been approved for Potter County. 

David Stratton, Potter/McKean/Cameron FSA County Executive Director stated that due to the D2 Severe drought designation on the U.S. Drought Monitor Map, CRP producers are authorized haying and grazing in Potter County.

The authorization provides relief for Potter county producers who have suffered through severe drought conditions. The drought has depleted supplies and affected growth of hay and pasture locally. Many livestock producers cannot maintain their current herds without implementation of CRP emergency haying and grazing.

Emergency haying is approved in Potter County through August 31, 2016. Participants must leave at least 50 percent of each field or contiguous CRP field unhayed for wildlife. Hay must be removed from the field by September 15, 2016. Hay cannot be sold. Producers without livestock may rent or lease the haying privileges.

Emergency grazing in approved counties is allowed through September 30, 2016. The grazing timeframe begins when the individual request is approved. All livestock must be removed at the end of the grazing period or when the minimum average height reaches 5 inches. Producers without livestock may rent or lease the grazing privileges. 

Emergency haying and grazing is not allowed on the same acreage and any other approved CRP haying or grazing practice is not allowed on the same acreage. Practices eligible are CP1, Establishment of Permanent Grasses; CP-2 Establishment of Native Grasses, and CP10 Vegetative Cover Already Established.

CRP participants in approved counties shall contact the local FSA county office to request emergency haying or grazing on an individual contract basis prior to haying or grazing. Participants will work with the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) to develop a forage management plan. If the CRP cover is destroyed, the practice must be re-established at their own expense to remain in compliance with the CRP contract. CRP haying and grazing policies are available on-line at


Anonymous said...

Too dam bad this wasn't done when he hay was still in it's prime for the farmers, now it's on the down side, but guess it's better than nothin.... good luck

Anonymous said...

wow fence my fields in and I'll let your cattle graze on our land.. I got lots of green grass! I wouldn't have to mow then... hummmmm