Stoltz Of Coudersport


Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 30,000 to 50,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

Friday, August 5, 2016

Think About It

Venturing Into The Unknown
 by Pastor B.J. Knefley

Are you a risk taker? Do you ever venture into the unknown? Many do not. In fact, I think if we were to take a poll, we would find many just like to play it safe. In case you’re wondering, I’m not one of those. In fact I’m preparing to venture out into the unknown in a few short days, as I’ll be sailing my boat off the coast of Connecticut for four days then on to the Hudson river for another four days. I’ve never been there, and I’ve never sailed in an area that I had to worry about the raising of bridges and nautical charts and VHF radios. This is all new territory. Oh, and I forgot to mention, my wife is going to be with me for four of those days. And where do you suppose we’ll be staying while on this little adventure? You guessed it, right on the boat.

I have to believe that we were never designed to play it safe. Instead we were called to explore and venture out into the unknown. It’s part of our creativity that’s anchored deep within our soul and spirit. Whatever happen to that? When did we loose it? Who ever told you to play it safe?

Have you ever noticed that children are always exploring? From the time they start to crawl they’re exploring. Sometimes it gets them into trouble and they get hurt, but that doesn’t stop them. I wonder if some adult suddenly puts fear into them and they started to play it safe. Afraid that something will happen or the boogieman will pounce on them, they like a turtle, retreat into their protective shell. It’s that what has happen to some of us?

When God called Abraham he called him away from what was familiar and into what was not. In fact he said that as he went, He would be shown. Step by step, little by little, it was progressive, (Acts 7:3). We on the other hand want the big picture before we even take the first step. Where’s the adventure in that? Perhaps you are being urged into the unknown but are resisting because it’s unfamiliar. Isn’t it time to take a risk and dream again? It’s part of what keeps us young. Think about it.

No comments :