Street Machines Auto Care

Stoltz Of Coudersport


Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 30,000 to 50,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Lloyd Emery Eastman Named Port Allegany School District Alumni of the Month

In photo: Lloyd Eastman & wife Delores
Leaving a Legacy

We are very pleased to showcase noteworthy individuals who have left a fine legacy and defined the very essence of what and who we are - those who have made us better simply because they were here.

Port Allegany School District Alumni of the Month - Lloyd Emery Eastman

Lloyd Eastman

Year of Graduation

What have you done since graduating from Port Allegany High School?

Lloyd Eastman: I began working at the North Penn Gas Company after graduation and then started my banking career at the age of 21 at the First National Bank of Port Allegany. At the age of 24, I married Dolores Botera, and we recently celebrated our 69th wedding anniversary. We have four children, eleven grandchildren, fourteen great-grandchildren, and three great-great grandchildren.

My work at the bank lasted 64 years, beginning with my 21st birthday and ending on my 85th birthday, holding the positions from bank teller through president and CEO. I served as president longer, almost 21 years, than any other in the bank’s history, but only 54 days longer than Keith Fortner who followed me as president.

My community involvement came through as band boosters, Chamber of Commerce, S. W. Smith Library, economic development, Rotary and the Methodist Church, serving as treasurer for each group. I also served as the president of the Port Allegany Rotary Club. I still attend meetings every week, and have now served for over 46 years with perfect attendance. My “Big E” nickname came from transporting equipment and chaperoning dances for our oldest son’s band, The Echoes. I also enjoyed filling the Vista Cruiser station wagon with kids and taking them to high school sporting events throughout the years.

Where do you currently live?

I have lived in the Wrights-Port Allegany for all my life, currently at 216 Chestnut Street, our home since 1960.

Who was your favorite teacher in high school? Why were they your favorite?

Our business teacher, Mrs. Snyder, was my favorite teacher. She was probably my favorite because I liked the subjects she taught the best.

What is your fondest memory of Port Allegany High School?

I liked being around the people. I remember riding the bus from the Wrights store where I lived to school, being in the band, and going to the football games.

No comments :