Street Machines Auto Care

Stop the Gun Ban

Coudersport Consistory Sportsmen's Bash

Coudersport Consistory Sportsmen's Bash

Stoltz Of Coudersport

CIMINO AUTO PARTS

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 30,000 to 50,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

ServSafe Food Safety Course


ServSafe is a 15-hour certification program developed by the Restaurant Association Education Foundation. The course meets certification requirements for individuals who are responsible for the safe handling of food in restaurants, schools, elder care facilities, lodges, bed & breakfasts, community centers, and other food concessions (organizations or businesses that sell or prepare food on a regular basis).

This 2-day class is being held on Wednesdays, September 14 and September 21, 2016, from 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Education Council’s Coudersport office. The cost is $185 and includes book, study guide and exam. Registration deadline is Wednesday, September 7. For more information or to register, call 877-489-7398 or go to http://extension.psu.edu/food-safety/serv-safe.

9 comments :

Anonymous said...

I will say it again, I'm grateful there are regulations to help prevent food borne illness and it is sorely needed. Keep our kids and the elderly safe from those who might ignore the regulations if they could. A good and mutually affective system of education and procedures to follow on a equal footing.

Anonymous said...

I'll say it again.. stay home and eat and cook for your elderly friends and relatives. Stop expecting the government to do your duty.
Regulations are not necessary, just common sense.

Anonymous said...

Just because I have common sense, doesn't mean that people like YOU have any at all. You have just proven that. I'll bet the barn you either own or work at one of these places that need the training. Just realized cooking people sometimes read too!

Anonymous said...

Wow! To belittle people who have honest jobs like cooking, cleaning, and such.. You are an arrogant ass.

Anonymous said...

Next thing you know, you'll have to take a course and get certified to have and raise kids.
Actually, I think THAT would be more productive and make more sense.

Anonymous said...

Amen 4:05

Anonymous said...

Why in he-- is wrong with an inspection just to make sure? I DON'T UNDERSTAND the hate and stubborn attitude over nothing!

Anonymous said...

Its not an "inspection", its a requirement. A government requirement.
A fee + a class + a test + a certification (fancy letter) + a persons time + whats next!?
If you have a party at your house and you are entertaining, then you should also have to take the class and get a certificate.

Anonymous said...

Ok, requirement If I did have a party at my home, which I will not do,then I should also be responsible if someone gets sick on my food! If you don't like the word certification, then call it something else! Fee, class, test, a person's time none of us need to be required to pay a fee, go to a class, take a test,a person's time, I guess our school system is also wrong too, shame on Them! Rules are something all you people fear it makes one wonder if you believe in any Rules! Let's just get rid of all rules, all laws, all requirements, all do what you damn please and you all would still find everything to batch about. No wonder the kids think they can do drugs, rape, steal, murder And anything else pleases them because rules, regulations, laws and whatever are wrong, of course it is because my parents say it is and they would never lead me in the wrong belief of justice or lack there of. What a liberal view to do just what we feel like doing. Oh by the way, 8.16, I don't know any elderly that I would feed, no relatives to make sick, and that is just the way I want It! So demean me all you want, at least I am honest, and don't fear those dirty, old nasty Rules! Why do all of you fear rules, oh I know and so do You! GTH