North Country Voices

North Country Voices

Stoltz Of Coudersport

CIMINO AUTO PARTS

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 30,000 to 50,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

Friday, September 9, 2016

Think About It...

Money

by

Pastor B.J. Knefley

Does money interest you? If you were breathing then I would suppose that the answer to that question would be yes. Do you have enough? Do you want more? We all can guess at what the answers to those questions would be. But considering that we are among the richest people of the world, why is it that we never seem to have enough? In other words, why is it that although we are rich, we don’t feel rich? In fact many have never felt rich in their entire life. Why? The answer to that is a simple thing called “margin”.

Margin has to do with our debt to income ratio. It’s the difference between what I earn and what I save. If I put money away, as in a savings account, I start to accumulate a reserve. As the margin continues to grow between what I spend and what I save, I start to feel rich because what I have saved creates buying power. If I spend all that I earn, I will feel like I’m living paycheck to paycheck and that’s true for the person making $30,000 a year or the person earning $300,000 a year. So now the question is what percentage of your income do you need to live on?

In Mark 12:41- 44 Jesus calls his disciples together to observe with him the people who were putting money in the Tabernacle offering box. Some were placing large sums of money in when a lowly widow comes along and places two small coins. Jesus turned to his disciples and said, “I tell you the truth, this poor widow has given more than all the others who are making contributions. For they gave a tiny part of their surplus, but she, poor as she is, has given everything she had to live on.” (Mark 12:43-44). The point here is that when it comes to percentages, the widow gave it all while the rich only gave a small percentage of what they had. I wonder which felt rich, the rich that had the money but kept most of it for them self, or the widow who gave it all away? Quite simply, the widow’s hope was in God, that’s why she could give it all away. The rich, their hope had migrated from God to their money. What does that say about us? Think about it.

23 comments :

Anonymous said...

I would be interested in seeing an essay from your brother Mike on this same topic. We're so often blinded to broader big-picture matters by our pursuit of personal financial gain. The Bible is quite clear on the "love of money," but modern-day evangelists sometimes encourage it, disguised as "prosperity" being God's reward for living a Christian life. Those who are stewards of the public trust (state parks, local government, public institutions, etc.) need to be held to an even higher standard when it comes to keeping a check on avarice and "love of money." Very thought-provoking. Thanks for sharing.

Little Johnny the Atheist said...

The whole problem with organized religion is that it is definitely based on money. Would you still be a preacher if you had to live completely off what you got from the offering box? Let's ask preacher Joel Osteen how he feels about money when his net worth is $40 million and he lives in a $10.5 million mansion. In my opinion, people don't need churches or preachers to have religion. The best religion I have ever experienced has been sitting on my porch watching the sunrise with a hot cup of coffee in my hand. Why should people be made to feel guilty about how much they contribute to a false hope?

Think about it.....

Anonymous said...

Lead by example pastor.

Anonymous said...

According to God's word it is a tenth!

Anonymous said...

Organized religion is the worst form of deceit...

Anonymous said...

You forgot post 8:20, you sit on your porch watching the sun rise, with a hot cup of coffee "AND THANK the good lord for the blessings that put you there. It wasn't all you pal!

Anonymous said...

I don't argue with anyone about christianity,
I just want Little Johnny to know that "JESUS"
LOVES HIM as much as He loves us!

Anonymous said...

Amen It's All A Business for most and will rip you off at every turn. Some religious some Not.

Little Johnny the Atheist said...

You people don't need to label me or read scripture to me. Why is it that you believe in Jesus, but don't believe in any of the other 3'000 different gods that are worshipped around the world? Why is YOUR god the right one?

No....I don't thank the "good lord" for sitting on my porch...I can do that just fine on my own. Maybe....just maybe....all of you people are wrong. Think about it.....

Anonymous said...

How'd did ya get here Johnny ?
Don't you ever think how you were formed & developed in your mother's womb ? That is a miracle in itself, Thete is only one true God, of course you wouldn't know, you don't read the Bible, so sad b/c Jesus does love you,

Anonymous said...

Three arguments that will never end....sports...religion ..and politics. All based on irrational beliefs and loyalties...

Little Johnny the Atheist said...

Reproduction is NOT a miracle, it is a scientific process and happens naturally. The real question here is...have you ever read the bible? If you had you would realize that each and every one of you are hypocrites because you only follow the edicts of the bible when it is convenient to you. By the way....the bible was written by men and has been rewritten and retranslated so many times over the centuries that you wouldn't even be able to understand the original writing. You people can believe in whatever you want.....you just need to quit pushing them on everyone else and assuming that you are the only ones that are correct in your beliefs....this is all that I'm asking.

Anonymous said...

Quit your damn whining lil Johnny jackass. You are the minority on this blog. Go away, you are not welcome here amongst us God fearing people. We do not care who you are or what you want. We are however tired of your damn crying... Take it down the road jack...

Anonymous said...

My God Jim,, Here we go again.

Anonymous said...

Religious beliefs promote religious intolerance...

Anonymous said...


Johnny,

Maybe.....just maybe - you are wrong. Think about it!!!!!
HELL........or.........Heaven?????

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to get involved, since I'm a hard working American and after taxes I don't have any money.
In a strange way, Thank God.

Anonymous said...

He'll find out HELLLLLLLLLL........OR
HEAVEN.........on his judgement day!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lil Jimmy you are so off you're pathetic, the Bible was not written just by men!!! We do read our bibles bud, the bible was written by Godly & anointed men, men called by God !By the way I pushed nothing on you, you have NO CLUE what you're even blabbing about, "Think About It!" yourself!

Little Johnny the Atheist said...

It doesn't matter if I'm wrong, because, according to your man-made bible, your god will forgive me anyway. But if you're wrong, then you have wasted your whole lives and a large amount of your income on nothing.

Either way...all of you are pathetic for spending your time on here arguing with me when you have no idea who i really am or whether I'm just messing with you or not. This is why you are all considered "sheeple"....so....think about it!!!

Anonymous said...

Hook line and sinker...

Anonymous said...

Yep, the same as the tree hugging guy. Tree across road. I know who ya are.

Anonymous said...

Faith is a tautology....