Stoltz Of Coudersport

CIMINO AUTO PARTS

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 30,000 to 50,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

Monday, October 10, 2016

Calling anyone who met Eliot Ness!

Younger Ness
I'm a Boston-area based writer working on an article for a magazine about Eliot Ness. I'm focusing on revisiting Ness's life in Coudersport in the mid 1950s and specifically his creation of "The Untouchables" with co-author Oscar Fraley, a New York journalist pictured in one of the photos below.
Older Ness

I'm looking for anyone who knew Eliot Ness or remembers meeting Ness (or Oscar Fraley, who only came to Coudersport for what probably added up to a few days). If you or a family member of yours knew Ness--if you had even the briefest interaction--I'd love to swing by and hear about it, or speak on the phone if that's preferable to you.
Fraley

I'm coming to Coudersport this upcoming week for two nights, Friday, October 14 and Saturday, October 15. Please email me at matthewpearl[at] gmail[dot]com ... 

If there's someone who knew Ness but who doesn't use email, please let me know his or her phone number and I'm happy to reach out. The wonderful Paul Heimel, who wrote the definitive biography on Eliot Ness, has been a great help already and I have been impressed with how friendly so many Coudersport-area folks have been over the phone.
Elisabeth Ness

Thanks so much to Solomon's Words for hosting my request for Ness memories (and to Paul Heimel for these great photos)

Best wishes,

Matthew Pearl
matthewpearl[at]gmail[dot]com

1 comment :

Matthew Pearl said...

Thanks again to Solomon's Words for including my post! I've already heard from several of the blog's readers and am grateful. Let me add that if you know of someone still near Potter County (or for that matter who is now elsewhere) you think was connected with Ness--even if it's not someone in your family--that's welcome information, too, and I'll do my best to reach them even if you don't have their contact information.