At 1:06 PM on Tuesday Derrick City Fire Dept. and Limestone Fire Dept. were dispatched to Bolivar Drive in Foster Township for a kitchen fire.
Today around 1305 hours DCVFD was dispatched for a structure fire reported kitchen on Bolivar Drive with evacuation in progress. Chief 11 (Kelley) was first on scene & reported a one story, single family wood dwelling, with nothing showing from exterior. - establishing command Homeowner stated there was a fire on the kitchen stove. Being that it was just up from Station 11-2 Chief 1110 (Scrivo), Engine 112, Engine 113(Fargo), & Rescue 111 (Babcock) were all on scene shortly after dispatch. A grease fire on the stove was extinguished rather quickly with damage contained to the stove . Personnel shut gas off to stove, checked for extenstion with TIC, and ventilated the household. DCVFD was assisted on scene by FTPD, while Limestone NY VFD provided standby coverage. Fire was ruled accidental in nature and all Station 11 units were in quarters at 1343hrs.