CIMINO AUTO PARTS

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 30,000 to 50,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Diane Campbell snapped pictures of a White Caterpillar In Standards


WHITE CATERPILLAR IN STANNARDS, WELLSVILLE, NY

Medical authorities say not to touch them as they will cause damage to your skin and an allergic reaction.

7 comments :

Anonymous said...

I have picked them up from my sidewalk and driveway so I wouldn't step on them and I had no reaction. Must be that some people have a resistance.

Anonymous said...

i had a vivid neon yellow one on my deck safer not to touch or let ur animals near

Anonymous said...

They will cause skin damage a.k.a rash IF you're allergic just like poison oak, sumac,& ivy effects certain people, not everyone. If you're afraid of such reactions just stay away from them. People making mountains out of mole hills, I tell ya.

Anonymous said...

As an Insectologist I can tell you this caterpillar is only deadly to the Woolybear Mamoth Sabre Caterpillar, They would be considered mortal enemies in the caterpillar world. It can cause irritation to other animals including humans.
Basically they are just surviving and use their natural defenses to survive.
The 2 long black 'horns' on each end of the caterpillar are especially dangerous, just avoid them.

Anonymous said...

They are the larva of the hickory tussock moth.

Anonymous said...

This is good to know, thank you all fornuggets of knowledge on these, I picked a sm one up from my carpet, with a kleenex of course,
Could it come in on my dog ?

Anonymous said...

insectologist? How about entomologist.