Stoltz Hyundai-Chrysler DuBois PA

Loomis Shinglehouse Christmas Auction

Loomis Shinglehouse Christmas Auction

Potter County Outfitters

Potter County Outfitters

J & J Tire & Auto

CIMINO AUTO PARTS

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 30,000 to 50,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

Sunday, October 9, 2016

FROST ADVISORY

Event: Frost Advisory
Alert:

...FROST ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM TO 9 AM EDT
MONDAY...

* TEMPERATURES...LOW TO MID 30S.

* TIMING...MINIMUM TEMPERATURES BETWEEN 3 AM AND 8 AM.

* IMPACTS...SENSITIVE VEGETATION MAY BE DAMAGED OR KILLED.

Instructions: THOSE WITH AGRICULTURAL OR GARDENING INTERESTS SHOULD PROTECT SENSITIVE VEGETATION. POTTED PLANTS SHOULD BE BROUGHT INDOORS.
Target Area:
Cameron
Elk
McKean
Potter
Tioga
Warren

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Will a frost hurt green tomatoes which are still on the vine/plant?

Anonymous said...

Never mind. Since I didn't get any info., I just covered my tomato plants with spare
blankets, sleeping bags, comforters etc. I hope they make it thru the night.
I am placing a electric blanket over the largest ones and setting it on low.
I have never grown anything before in my life but since I moved up here I figured I would try it. My first time. Its a lot of fun and work.

Anonymous said...

Good luck 5:49 PM, WITH ALL THAT COVEERING, I BELIEVE YOUR PLANTS WILL MAKE IT, GOD BLESS YOU!!!!

Anonymous said...

yes, frost will kill the tomatoes.

there's a freeze warning for tomorrow night into Tuesday, so keep the covers handy.