|Sylvia Finlan Adult Leadership winners, Gay & Mick Cooper, being presented by the 2015 winner, Jean Bonser, and Samantha Sessamen, Extension Educator.|
McKean County 4-H Club Members came out to the 4-H Center in Smethport on Sunday, October 16th to celebrate the conclusion of the 2015-16 program year. There was a total of 66 members, families, and guests present at this event.
The day started off with the McKean County Teen Leadership Club leading the American and 4-H Pledges. Everyone was then invited to socialize with a game of “Find Someone Who”. Each member of the 11 4-H Club were recognized for completing their projects. The McKean County 4-H Clubs for the last year were: Clover Patch Kids, Kane Livestock, Kane Robotics, Krazy Kritters & More, McKean County Wranglers, MJ Ryan Funny Bunnies, Mountain Top Adventurers, New Idea Livestock, Port Allegany Lucky Horseshoes, Smethport Robotics, and the Teen Leadership Club.
All volunteers were recognized for their assistance in the program. Lois Housler was specially recognized for 15 years of volunteering and Dave Stratton for 25 years with McKean County 4-H. Outstanding 4-H Project Awards went to: Arianna Piller for her Treasurer’s Book and Hannah Wareham for her Pet Car Project. Megan Wells won the Overall State Poster Contest at State Days and was awarded a medal for her accomplishment. Arianna Piller was given the Rabbit Management Award.
The Development, Horse and Livestock Committee vote on a variety of awards to give to various project members and leaders throughout the year. The Livestock Awards were as follows:
- Beginner’s Challenge Winners: Courtney Baker (Swine), Makayla Gould (Lamb), Natale Redmond (Beef), and Jordyn Rice (Goat).
- Rate-of-Gain Winners: Shelby Baldwin (Swine), Jordyn Rice, (Goat), Emma Stratton (Lamb), and Matthew Stratton (Beef).
- Master Fitters: Chelsea Burkhouse (Swine), Zya DeGolier (Lamb), Jordyn Rice (Goat), and Emma Stratton (Beef).
- Master Showman: Garrett Cooper (Lamb), Matthew Stratton (Beef), Hannah Wareham (Goat & Swine).
- Cheri Detrick Award Winner: Samantha Burkhouse
|- Sylvia Finlan Teen Leadership & Outstanding 4-H Award Winner, Alexandria Flynn, with 4-H Extension Educator, Samantha Sessamen.|
- Beginner’s Challenge Boy: Jesse Gould
- Beginner’s Challenge Girl: Sophia Snowman
- Most Improved Junior: Makayla Gould
- Challenge Award: Alexandria Flynn
- Nadine Dunn Grooming & Showmanship Award: Emily Gustafson & Cassandra Platko
- Adrienne Angel High Point English Rider: Reese Kinney
The Development Committee Awards were as follows:
- Blue Ribbon Club: McKean County Wranglers
- Diamond Clover Awards:
o Green Clover: Jesse Gould
o White Clover: Makayla Gould & Hannah Wareham
o Bronze Clover: Alexandria Flynn, Jasmine Rettger, & Joseph Rettger
o Gold Clover: Jessica Rettger
- Outstanding 4-H Member Winner: Alexandria Flynn
- Sylvia Finlan Adult Leadership Award: Gay & Mick Cooper
- Sylvia Finlan Teen Leadership Award: Alexandria Flynn
The event concluded with door prizes and snacks.
We would like to congratulate all 4-H members who completed 4-H projects in McKean County throughout this last year. For anyone who has questions about joining any of the McKean County 4-H programs are recommended to contact the Extension Office at (814)-887-5613 or email Samantha directly at email@example.com Penn State Extension encourages persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact the McKean County Extension Office in advance of your participation. Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and other protected groups.