Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 30,000 to 50,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Robert E. “Bob” Van Etten, age 58, of Mills, PA

Robert E. “Bob” Van Etten

Robert E. “Bob” Van Etten, age 58, of Mills, PA,  went to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on October 17, 2016 at his home, following his many years of struggles with brain cancer. 

 Born October 1, 1958 in Coudersport, he was the son of Elwin and Helen (White) Van Etten.

Bob retired from Dresser Rand in Wellsville. He enjoyed spending time with his friends from the hunting camp and loved being around people. He was always smiling and being a jokester.

Bob is survived by his wife, Jolene (Empson) Van Etten; a daughter, Jessica (Leigh) Hepperly of Beaver Creek, OH; a son, Robert L. “Rob” (Erica) Van Etten of Ulysses; two grandchildren, Liam and Reagan Hepperly; his father, Elwin Van Etten; three brothers, Elwin “Rusty” (Carolyn) Van Etten of Ulysses, William “Bill” ( Melody) Van Etten of Harrison Valley and David (Kathy) Van Etten of Wellsville; three sisters, Carol “Sue” (Philip) Rounds of TX, Vicki (Joe) Ciotti of Selinsgrove and Sherry (Brian) Fuhrer of Harrison Valley and many aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and cousins. 

He was preceded in death by his mother, Helen Van Etten and a brother, Russell Van Etten.

“Thank you to the many family and friends who have come to our aid in Bob’s last months. Special thank you to the Tioga County Hospice nurses, Kay H. and Kay S. and the aides, Tammy, Pam and Mary O. for all your help and support.”

Per Bob’s wishes, there will be no services held. 

A Chinese Auction and Benefit, to help cover remaining medical costs, will be held on Saturday, October 22 from 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM at the Ulysses Community Center, Main St., Ulysses. 

Arrangements are in care of Kenyon Funeral Home, Westfield. 

To send an online condolence visit,


Anonymous said...

What a nice guy, Jolene,you were there for him for a long time. I remember the times I couldn't make it up the step and Bobby was right there to help me. My heart and prayers are with you dear girl, love ya. So great that you had time together and you were there for him. I feel sad for you both, he is no longer in pain, but I know you are. If you need anything, I'm here, I think you should know who I am. Blessings to a great, warm person, I should know. Love you

Anonymous said...

I tried repeatedly to express a condolence onot the Kenyon Web site. After nearly one half hour, I gave Up! This is the least user friendly Web site I have ever used. I also tried the contact us option, and again the Web site wouldn't accept my message. I am the same person as the above comment (4.46) Thanks to Solomons Word for letting me convey that I tried to make a more personal contact and failed. Again, my love and prayers. LG