|Andy J. Watson, DA|
District Attorney Watson obtained the Medication Collection Drop Boxes from the Pennsylvania District Attorneys Association. These boxes are accessible to the public at each office during regular business hours to safely dispose of any unused or unwanted medication, in the interest of keeping any prescription medications out of the hands of children and addicts and to promote environmentally conscious disposal.
Please note the following when dropping off medications:
1. All medications, whether prescription or over-the-counter, from households or residences are accepted.
2. Medications may be disposed of in the original containers or in a sealed plastic bag.
3. Liquid medications must remain in the original container and be sealed.
4. No needles, syringes or lancets may be placed in the drop box.
5. Individuals shall place the medication directly into the drop box.
6. Individuals utilizing the box shall not be questioned, be required to disclose personal identification, or be charged a fee for using the box.
7. Only controlled and non-controlled medications from the individual’s household or residence shall be collected.
The contact information for the above facilities are as follows:
• Coudersport Borough Police Department – 814-274-8970
• Galeton Borough Police Department – 814-435-2600
• Sweden Township/Roulette – 814-274-0654
• Potter County Sheriff’s Department – 814-274-9350
Anyone with questions can contact Andy J. Watson at 814-274-9450.