Stoltz Of Coudersport

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 30,000 to 50,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

CIMINO AUTO PARTS

Monday, December 26, 2016

Bill Pekarski: Day 118, Living life on my terms.

Bill Pekarski:

Day 118, Living life on my terms.

While today marks the 118 day for me and this project, it is also the start of year 45. It is feels good to be here and I am fully ready to take on the next 45 years, maybe even more. There are so many things still needing to be done as I fill my amazing and wonderful dash (explained on day 25).

Looking back as it stands now, I am proud of things that I have accomplished in 45 years. There have been so many people that have helped me along the way; I may actually have to keep writing for the next 45 years to adequately honor each of them. The funny thing is, I never would have thought in a million years that I would wake up each day and want to write, but now I do.

There are also some things I want to start doing again on a more regular basis. First of which would be music. For years, music kept me going and out of trouble. There was a dream that I always had and I never told anyone, at least not that I remember telling anyone. I want to turn on the radio someday and hear a song that I wrote. I don’t need to perform it; I just want to write it.

Next, I have to start going back to the fitness center. Exercising at home is ok, but it is hard to motivate myself and I don’t have much equipment. Winter months make it even more difficult as I can’t get outside and walk due to fears of falling on the ice and pneumonia, which I am unfortunately prone to contracting with my current state of health. At the fitness center, I could see other people and not feel so darn alone. Heck, maybe I can get my old work-out buddy, County Commissioner Paul Heimel to join me like in the old days.

Third, I want to get to a few Pittsburgh Pirates games with my wife and friends. I like watching them on television, but nothing beats being at the park with a cold Penn Pilsner (Pittsburgh microbrew) and a hot dog. Sitting in the stands with the warm sun shining on your face looking out over the field and city skyline, there isn’t any place better to see a game in my opinion.

Fourth, I want to travel and visit face to face with old friends again. Facebook is great as it keeps us in touch, but it is not like being there face to face. I may have to look into getting a new car though, I am not sure there is much life left in my old GMC Envoy.

I am going to be getting confirmed very soon and I really want to commit myself to my faith. It would be nice to start attending church again. I have been pretty good about watching the Johnstown Mass on Sunday mornings, but after looking at the photos posted from the Christmas Eve Mass at St. Eulalia’s Catholic Church in Coudersport, I feel like I am really missing out on something special.

As my endurance grows, I have to get back to being more involved with the Fire Hall. It has been a part of me for so long and I have not given nearly enough back. Same thing can be said for the Ambulance Hall as well.

Getting back to work as nurse is another priority, maybe even the biggest priority as it would be the culmination of my recovery. Getting back to the point where I can help people instead of needing their help would be wonderful.

I don’t think it would be too much to do all of this, not as long as I have my family and friends to support me along the way. None of you have let me down yet, and I promise not to let you down either.

So who can I give credit to for the past 45 years? For me at least, the answer is simple; my mother and my father. They brought me into this world and did everything within their power to make certain that I would become a man who would make them proud. I know I have dwelled on them many times in the previous stories, but I am going to do it again because they are so deserving of praise. I mean look at me, it couldn’t have been very easy for them!

Today I dedicate my progress to Joseph James Pekarski and Naomi Joy Pekarski. I hope that I can continue to make you proud and wish you eternal rest for what I consider a job well done.

No comments :