xxx

xxx

E & G

Howard's Inc.

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 30,000 to 50,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

CIMINO AUTO PARTS

Cole Memorial Dentistry

A Rabies Clinic will be held Saturday, August 26th from 1:00 to 4:00 pm at the Ulysses Tri-Town Firehall. All dogs, cats, and ferrets that are at least 12 weeks old can be vaccinated against the rabies virus. The first time a dog or cat receives a vaccine, it is good for one year. Each time after that, the vaccination is good for three years. Ferrets must be vaccinated annually. All animals attending the clinic must be on a leash or in a container. Cost is $5.00 per animal. The clinic is sponsored by Dr. Lindsay Schwartzmeyer of the Potter County Veterinary Clinic, LLC.

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Bill Pekarski: Day 120, Living life on my terms

Bill Pekarski

Day 120, Living life on my terms.


I have to tell you folks, I have been delighted with the outpouring of cards and letters we have received this year. We have even opened cards from people as far away as California who wanted to thank me for my writings and to encourage me to “keep it up!”

However, the sweetest and most touching item I received was a large manila envelope with three homemade Christmas Cards from a trio of children who wanted to brighten my holiday, and they did. The letter that accompanied the cards was from a friend and high school classmate of mine, Shannon Johnson Payne. She explained that the cards were from her two boys and a little girl that she homeschools. I don’t remember the last time that I was that touched, to have these children want to let me know that they are thinking of me has made this one of my most special Christmas seasons ever.

These three children; Conner, Cody, and Alaira, seem to understand the true meaning of Christmas and goodwill toward men. They asked to make cards for me, not because they had to do so, but because they wanted to make them. There is something truly special about kids that not only think of others, but make the effort to personally extend a wish for to people like me and my wife.

Looking at the outpouring of cards I have received, as well as the phone calls, it is apparent that my messages are reaching people and they are having a positive effect. I enjoy being able to recognize people and pay homage to them through my writings. I also relish writing about memories of the past, lest we forget where we come from or those who came before us and their numerous contributions. In a way, I feel like I am becoming a sort of historian of local history, and I like that feeling.

By the way, my wife no longer checks just “the mail”, now she says she is collecting my “fan mail.” Believe me though; she enjoys it just as much as I do.

Since I got a late start on this story today I am going to keep it short and try to pump out another one before the morning. With that being said; today I am dedicating my progress to Conner, Cody, and Alaira. I hope you each had an amazing Christmas and that your New Year is spectacular, because you have made this old Pollock very happy this day!

No comments :