Stoltz Of Coudersport

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 30,000 to 50,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

CIMINO AUTO PARTS

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Port Allegany High School Alumni of the Month - Clair Hawver

Alumni of the Month - 
Clair Hawver

Name
Clair Hawver

Year of Graduation
1972

What have you done since graduating from Port Allegany High School?

I married Karen Crowley Hawver (Class of 1974) and we had two boys, Kyle and Kerry. Both are married and have given us four grandchildren between the two families.

I worked my way up through the maintenance department of Pittsburgh Corning to plant maintenance superintendent until my job was eliminated in November of 2009.

I coached junior varsity football for eight years and junior high for two years in the Port Allegany School District. After coaching, I officiated football in the local chapter for ten years while assisting the football program by helping the stat crew keep football stats, retiring from the stat crew after the 2014 season.

I am a past president of Port Allegany United Fund, Port Allegany Lions Club, and Port Allegany Baseball Association. I am a past scoutmaster of troop 561 and served as cubmaster for pack 561.

Having fully retired now, I enjoy travel, gardening, fishing, camping, genealogy, photography, and the list keeps growing.

Where do you currently live?

Turtlepoint, PA

Who was your favorite teacher in high school? Why were they your favorite?

Cy Dann was my favorite faculty member. His son Jeff and I are classmates, and I got to know Cy better than the other faculty. Collectively, the history teachers gave me a love for history, which continues today.

What is your fondest memory of Port Allegany High School?

Basketball was my favorite memory of school. We were successful and they were great teammates. I also enjoyed the choir, drama, and the other sports. We participated in all extracurricular activities offered by the school and they have good memories in their own right.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hey Clair:
For all that fortune,
And all that fame.
Your still a dildine,
just the same!
(Just kiddin', big guy.)
Congradulations.
--Brad

Anonymous said...

Good one, Brad. Did Tony Flint teach you how to write a poem?
Nice to see Clair get some ink. Your not such a dildine. Ha. You did a good job as a referee and a coach so thank you and enjoy your golden years.
Moe