mam

mam

Stoltz Of Coudersport

Street Machines Auto Care

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 30,000 to 50,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

CIMINO AUTO PARTS

Monday, January 9, 2017

Ralph R. Ralph, 82, of Port Allegany, PA

Ralph R. Ralph

Ralph R. Ralph, 82, of Port Allegany, PA, passed away on January 6, 2016 at Lily and Syringa Nursing Home in Idaho Falls, Idaho, from complications of Alzheimer’s disease.

He was born June 8, 1934 in Brockway, the son of Edwin “Ted” and Susan “Mae” Haines Ralph. He was especially close to his uncle, Amos Haines, of Marchand, PA, and they enjoyed spending time together.

He is survived by his wife, Bernice R. Welker Ralph, whom he married in Distant, PA on December 26, 1959. They were married 57 years

In addition to his wife, he is survived by three daughters, Shaune Ralph of Port Allegany, Shana (Michael) Williams of Challis, Idaho, and Shalee (Eric) Crawford of Pittsburgh, PA, four grandchildren: Daniel Crawford, Rebecca Crawford, Zachary Williams and Caden Williams, and many much-loved nieces and nephews.

Ralph was a graduate of Brockway Area High School. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Education from Clarion University, and two Master’s in Education degrees; one from St. Bonaventure University and a second one from Penn State University.

Korean War Veteran
He served in the Navy from 1952-1957 on the USS Randolph, an aircraft carrier, during the Korean War, as part of the NATO Alliance in the north Atlantic, the Caribbean, and the Mediterranean. While in the Navy, he toured many of the European countries. He wrote letters regularly to his younger sister, Sally, who saw the world through his travels.

Mr. Ralph was employed by the Port Allegany School District as a social studies teacher, mainly teaching 7th grade geography. Because he realized the value of an education, he tried to always encourage students to do their best and stay in school. He was a kind and gentle man with a dry sense of humor. He retired in 1988 after 30 years.

During his teaching career, he was a member of PSEA, and a lifetime member of PSEA-Retired after his retirement.

He enjoyed fishing and hunting in his younger days, reading, especially National Geographic, and watching the history channel.

He was preceded in death by his mother and father, his brother, Charles Ralph, and his sister, Sally Ann Ralph Martuccio.

The family would like to thank the Turtle & Crane, Lily & Syringa, and Hands of Hope Hospice for their wonderful care of Ralph.

Memorials may be made to the S.W. Smith Library in Port Allegany or any local organization of your choice.

No service is being planned at this time.

21 comments :

Anonymous said...

A fella so nice they named him twice.

Ruth's Rumations said...

RIP RALPH I wonder if the R(Middle initial) in Ralph R Ralph stands for Ralph?

Theresa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Theresa said...

No, his middle name was not "Ralph". The quick witted man knew many thought that and would respond with "Pete" as his middle name. Please, do not be misinformed.

Rebecca Crawford said...

There will always be loutish individuals who make inane remarks on blogs to fill their pointless days. Not everyone lives a purpose driven life. Some endure a boorish existence and take snipes at others in an effort to make themselves feel more important. Rather than committing themselves to encouraging others and enlightening themselves, they mock and ridicule to entertain themselves. It's sad really. People like that are to be pitied. It's poor form to make rude comments on someone's obituary. I hope that someday you will know better and then you will do better.
Shalee Ralph Crawford

Anonymous said...

Pay no attention to the insensitive remarks, Shalee & Rebecca. Some people have nothing better to do. Mr. Ralph was a wonderful man who touched many lives. I am so sorry for your loss.

Maynard Tole said...

Ralph lived for many years in Port Allegany and I remember him often at the Dollar General shopping with his wife Bernice. I was not aware that they had moved away from the area but I hope his family is doing OK, And yes I did hear that his middle initial was Ralph.

Anonymous said...


Mr.Ralph was an awesome man..I had him for Geography when I was in 7th grade..later I had the privallage of helping Mrs.Ralph care for him while she continued to go to school and help the elemtary students with their AR reading..I will always cheerish the time I spent with him and Mrs.Ralph..R.I.P. my dear friend..you truely will be missed..my thoughts and prayers are with the family..

Sara

Rebecca Crawford said...

Maynard Tole, I'm sure you did hear that. I heard it my entire life and I knew it wasn't. Thank you for your good wishes, and in case your mother never told you, don't believe everything you hear! Shalee Ralph Crawford

Anonymous said...

We extend prayers and sympathy to family and friends.
We both have much respect for Mr Ralph as we were both taught by him in high school.
With Sympathy,
Bev and Steve McDowell

S.M. LAIN said...

Thank you Shalee!

S.M. LAIN said...

Thank you Shalee, so very well said!!

Anonymous said...

Mr.Ralph was a cool dude.He started me on my addiction to National Geographic magazines,which i read to this day,30 yrs after graduation.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Ralph was one of my favorite teachers.

Anonymous said...

Was taught by him in the late 60's. One of the really good ones. He told me that his father was a truck driver and he was taught early that he didnt want anything to do with that.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Ralph was a big reason I became interested in traveling the world. He was a great teacher and partly because of him I have traveled to 6 continents. Thank you Mr. Ralph to opening the world to a kid from Port Allegany. RIP

Anonymous said...

I had Mr. Ralph in school. He was a very nice man. RIP sir. God Bless you and your family

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to Mr. Ralph's family. He was a wonderful man and a great teacher. Over 40 years ago, as my geography teacher, he sparked in me a life-long love of geography and travel. He was the inspiration for my 30+ year subscription to National Geographic magazine I will always be grateful for his love of teaching and exploration. God Bless.

julene anddrews said...

I encountered Ralph in later years when he was no longer a teacher. Always found him to be very enjoyable and a decent upstanding character. Please accept my sympathy and prayers in your time of sorrow

Anonymous said...

Bernice, Shaune, Shana and Shalee so sorry to hear of Ralph's passing. I have such fond memories of time spent in Austin at the farm in the summer. The first swimming lessons I ever had were at the local pool and I still remember how cold the water was. I have so many memories of Aunt Mae and Ralph spending time with Grandma and Granddad Haines. I loved the stories Granddad would share of his many fishing adventures with Ralph. It was obvious these trips were filled with fun, love and laughter.
Extending sympathy for your loss and prayers of comfort.

Fondly,
Michelle Beech McAllister

Ed Watkins said...

Mr. Ralph was a terrific teacher and an inspiration - very dedicated & always reading & expanding his horizons, especially regarding social studies.About 1969 he took 2 other students & me to visit a group of hippies that had bought an old farmhouse near Westfield. He was always curious and open minded. He bought our house on North Main Street, Port Allegany, when my dad retired in 1977 & moved to Tioga County. I last saw Mr. Ralph in 1995 and got to visit with him & Bernice as we toured the old homestead.