Wildfire Danger Today

Wildfire Danger Today

Stoltz Of Coudersport

51St Annual Potter-Tioga Maple Festival

51St Annual Potter-Tioga Maple Festival

Howard's Inc.

Howard's Kubota, Coudersport, PA

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 30,000 to 50,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

CIMINO AUTO PARTS

Habitat For Humanity

Habitat For Humanity

YOUR AD ON SOLOMON'S WORDS IS VIEWED WELL OVER ONE MILLION TIMES EACH MONTH!!.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Bill Pekarski: Day 160, Living life on my terms

Bill Pekarski: with Bonnie Sheerer and 3 others.

Day 160, Living life on my terms.


Seven years ago, it was me saying goodbye to my mother and Beth was at my side. Today, I played the supporting role as we were made aware of Bonnie’s passing.

It is news that you never really want to hear. When someone is as ill as she was, you know death is inevitable, but you are never really quite ready to embrace it. Through all of the sadness and tears, you rejoice in knowing that there is no longer any pain or suffering.

You look through old photos and talk with family members, laughing about things that happened in the past. The old; “do you remember when…” and “there was this one time…” stories that you have may heard a hundred times, but you listen intently just the same, hanging on every word as they are told again.

Like the necklace I wear around my neck every day. I am living my amazing and wonderful dash. As I wrote some months ago, it is like reading a tombstone. You have the day you were born, and the day that you die. They are separated by just a dash, a dash that symbolizes everything that has happened in between. We all need to live our dash and live it to the fullest.

When Beth and I bought our house in 2005, she was so happy to see one of her kids making a real home for herself. She loved to visit and spend time with us where she could enjoy the peaceful serenity of our home. She also helped with so many things when help was needed.

In 2012 when I was bed ridden with spinal stenosis, Bonnie stayed with us for a while and took care of me when Beth went to work. I don’t know if we could have made it through that time without her.

Before she retired, she worked as an LPN at Charles Cole and various nursing homes. She dedicated her life to caring for others, something that she never quit doing. Bonnie’s home was always open to friends and family, and she often babysat on a moment’s notice when needed. It was never a burden for her; it was her pleasure as she would get right down and play with them.

Bonnie’s life was never an easy life. Her husband, Myron, passed away in 2006 and she was no longer able to live in that big house. She and her son Donald moved to an apartment that was more suitable for their needs. She made enough money to live month to month, but there was never anything left to put aside for a rainy day or to purchase any insurance.

That is the reason that I started a “Go Fund Me” campaign to help pay for her final expenses. The financial burden is a real strain on Beth, Donald, and Leola and they are all stressed over how the bills will be paid. Beth and I have been so fortunate in our lives to have many friends who have helped us in our hour of need, and we are eternally grateful for them. Prayers and support are really appreciated at this time.

I am providing a link to the Go Fund Me page to this story. The process is super simple and the site is very respected and safe. I want to thank everyone for your consideration.

The site is https://www.gofundme.com/bonnie-sheerer-final-expenses or you can just go to gofundme.com and look up Bonnie Sheerer. The site will lead you through the donation process with just a few clicks of the mouse.

In closing today’s story, I want to leave everyone with the words of Christopher Warner.

God saw that she was getting tired
And a cure was not meant to be
So he put his arms around her
And whispered “come with me”
With tearful eyes we watched her suffer
And watched her fade away
Although we loved her dearly
We could not make her stay
A golden heart stopped beating
And a warm loving heart to rest
God broke our hearts to prove to us
That he only takes the best

For my wife’s mother, Bonnie Sheerer, no truer words could be spoken. She lived a quiet life and extracted joy from the simple things. She gave freely of herself to others and knew how to live, laugh, cry, and love.

Today I dedicate my progress to Bonnie and everyone who loved her. God has another angel today, and I know she will keep a watch over us.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

I know how hard that burden is at a time of a tragic loss. My spouse was killed in an accident @ 39, we had no insurance. I made that long trip to our local bank and almost begged for a loan to cover the expenses. The loss was devastating and so was the trip to the bank. I paid interest only for a very, very long time. The loan was paid off eventually but the scars still linger. May you be blessed with help and support at a time of broken hearts. You have so many friends,which is also a great blessing. Being alone at this time is painful beyond words. Blessings to you all.