Wildfire Danger Today

Wildfire Danger Today

Stoltz of Coudersport, PA

Howard's Inc.

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 30,000 to 50,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

CIMINO AUTO PARTS

Habitat For Humanity

Habitat For Humanity

Hebron Center Christian School will be hosting an “All You Can Eat Dinner” TODAY featuring Spaghetti & Meatballs or Chicken & Biscuits with a choice of vegetable and numerous choices of dessert…..It will be held at the Hebron Center Christian School TODAY in the gymnasium on Tuesday, April 25th, 2017……..Suggested Donations for the dinner are as follows: Seniors- $6.50, Adults and Youth 12-18- $8.00, Students Under 12- $6.00, Children 5 and under-FREE!........Family Rate-$25.00….. Time will be from 4:00-7:30 p.m. TODAY!! The Hebron Center Christian School students hosting this dinner will be attending the annual ACE International Student Convention at the Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP)……. ALL proceeds will benefit these students…………A bake sale will also be on the site TODAY.

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Think About It

Decisions
by Pastor B.J. Knefley

Do you have trouble making decisions? Afraid of being wrong so you procrastinate? Afraid you won’t have enough time so you put off what you want to do only to find that you never have enough time to do what you wanted? Does this sound familiar?

Surprisingly we have all of the technology in the world and we still seem to need more time to do things. I’ve been up for over an hour and so far I’ve gotten a cup of coffee, checked the weather, and read the news. Although I have several appointments today, I’m already feeling like it’s going to be crunch time to get it all done. With so much to do how will I ever get the other things in life done? Other things you ask? Well there’s the yard that needs attention, the car that needs the oil changed, the garage that needs cleaned, the dog that needs a bath, and then… Should I go on? When I look at my schedule over the next several months I wonder what’s wrong with me that I have so much going on. Whatever happened to living one day at a time?

I have come to the understanding that we really don’t run our own lives. No, we allow other things to control us. Doctor appointments, family, and all the other stuff that seems to crop up and dictate the what, when and where of our day-to-day lives. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that any of it is bad; it’s just that it takes over control. Instead of making decisions based upon what we’d like to do, we’re following a course of what we “have to do”. External forces control our decisions and we become enslaved to those forces. So where’s our hope? How do we get off the merry-go-round?

I get the fact that there are some things that must be done in life, but not everything needs to be done right now. I like the idea of having two lists, one that needs to be done and one that I want to accomplish. So every day I take a moment and focus on those that I want to accomplish and add them to my day. At the end of the week I look back and feel like I’ve actually accomplished something. It’s called living in the moment. Think about it.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

AMEN BERNIE. THIS IS SO TRUE!!!