xxx

xxx

Stoltz

E & G

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

Howard's Inc.

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 30,000 to 50,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

CIMINO AUTO PARTS

DINGMAN'S "CALL OF THE NORTH" GIFT SHOP, 1 MILE EAST OF GAINES, PA ON ROUTE 6. STOP IN AND SEE OUR CHRISTMAS DISPLAYS & BEAUTIFUL GIFTS FOR YOUR CHRISTMAS SHOPPING NEEDS. OPEN 10 TO 5 THURSDAY THRU MONDAY.

Sunday, May 7, 2017

First Presbyterian and Saint Paul’s Lutheran Church of Galeton, 5-7-17

by Martha Pennell, 
mpennell@northernpottersd.org

Germania Luncheon club meets Wednesday, May 10th, at noon at Saint Paul’s Lutheran church. 

Pastor Tom’s sermon, “We Have a Shepherd,” was based on Psalm 23, authored by King David. 

David began life as a shepherd so he described God as one. The Lord is my shepherd; I have everything I need. God knows what we need before we ask for it. He lets me rest in fields of green grass and leads me to quiet pools of fresh water. God makes us lie down for rest and reflection; Elijah, Moses, and Paul met him that way.

 Sheep are afraid of running water. He knows our limitations and finds us still waters for refreshment, surrender, and rest. He gives me new strength. He guides me in the right paths, as he has promised. Even if I go through the deepest darkness, I will not be afraid, Lord, for you are with me. Your shepherd’s rod and staff protect me. 

Sheep do not see well. God leads us when we trust him. He is with us in every terrifying place; his rod and staff take dread out of living. You prepare a banquet for me, where all my enemies can see me; you welcome me as an honored guest and fill my cup to the brim. 

Rely on the strength of the Lord. He ministers to us personally and individually. I know that your goodness and love will be with me all my life; and your house will be my home as long as I live. 

 David would go home to a place prepared for him. We wander from the shepherd and sometimes find ourselves outside of his fold. 

Help us, almighty creator, to stay close to you!

No comments :