xxx

xxx

Stoltz Of Coudersport

Shop ' Save

xx

Howard's Inc.

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 30,000 to 50,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

CIMINO AUTO PARTS

PETE AND JEAN FOLK ANTIQUES AND COLLECTIBLES ARE SELLING HOWARD FURNITURE PRODUCTS AND SIMICHROME POLISH AT THE CALL OF THE NORTH GIFT SHOP....2367 Route 6, Gaines, PA 16922. 814-433-4111 and THE RIGHT STUFF at 364 East Second St., Coudersport PA. 814-274-4200.......These products are no longer available on Main Street in Galeton due to the closing of the Heart’s Desire store.

Monday, May 15, 2017

Michael Murray Announces Candidacy For Magisterial District Judge

My name is Michael Murray and I'm announcing my Candidacy for Magisterial District Judge. 

My name will appear on both the Republican and Democratic ballot in the Galeton Borough, Ulysses Township and Borough, Hector Township, Stewardson Township, West Branch Township, Bingham Township, Abbott Township, and Harrison Township. I'm asking you to vote on May 16th for Mike Murray. 

Allow me to explain a little bit about the job of a Magisterial District Judge (MDJ). The MDJ is an elected public official given the power to hear and decide cases. The cases that a MDJ may hear include traffic citations, civil cases up to $12,000, landlord tenant disputes and summary offenses. An MDJ is responsible for setting bail, issuing search and arrest warrants, and holding preliminary hearings. 

A little bit about myself. Again my name is Mike Murray. I have lived in Potter County for the past 21 years. I graduated from Galeton Area High School in 2010 with honors. Following high school I attended Indiana University of Pennsylvania and have since worked at Patterson Lumber Company here in Galeton. 

While living here I have been extremely involved with my community and the youth that live here. I have coached youth soccer and youth basketball. I attend many of the school functions and volunteer my time as much as I can. I pride myself on being a role model that kids can look up to. I will continue to stay active post-election. 

I also serve with our local Moose Family Center as a member of the board. The Moose is not just a bar. It is one of the largest charitable organizations in our area. From putting on dinners as fundraisers, to donations to every organization to scholarships. I take pride in being part of such a great organization. 

The reason that I'm running for Magisterial District Judge is for you, the people that make up our great communities. I made my decision to run in March 2016 and have been dedicated to it ever since. In June 2016 I attended the certification course required by Pennsylvania to be a Magisterial District Judge. While there I learned exactly what a Magistrate will encounter on a daily basis and how to handle each of those situations. Upon completing the class, I returned home and took my old job working 40+ hours a week where I continue to work while running in this election. Much like the people that make up this District, I understand what it's like to be a blue collared worker. I promise you that I will work towards later hours and weekend hours so that it is easier for you to attend court.

Since returning from the class I have also decided to return to school and beginning June 2nd I will be attending Eastern Gateway Community College and begin pursuing my law degree. 

Many will point to my youth and lack of experience in the law field as a negative. But I view them as positives. I will bring unmatched energy and enthusiasm to the court room. The classes that are provided for the Magistrates will teach me all I need to know before I take the bench, negating my lack of experience. Having not been a law enforcement officer, I can guarantee there will be no sides taken and that everyone is innocent until proven guilty. I will give each case the proper amount of attention and not rush a case through the system for the sake of getting it done. 

The MDJ is a critical part of our justice system in Pennsylvania and especially here in our rural area of Potter County. We rely on our Magistrate to not only interpret and uphold our laws and ordinances, and we expect them to be leaders and role models in our communities. Your next MDJ must be firm, fair, and unbiased no matter who stands before them in the court room. They must be able to read and interpret the laws and ordinances that uphold our communities. They must be able to remain calm no matter the case, level headed, and leave all politics out of the court room. I AM THAT PERSON. 

On May 16th 2017, I am asking for your vote to be the next Magisterial District Judge. From my hardworking demeanor, leadership abilities, the ability to stay unbiased, the ability to read and interpret laws and ordinances, and be firm, fair, & just, I believe that I am the best candidate to serve you. I'M FROM THE COMMUNITY AND FOR THE COMMUNITY and with your support, we can continue to have a judicial system that you can trust and support.

Paid For By The Candidate

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

He has lived here 21 years but he is only 25 or 26.So most of those years were spent in school. Mr Murray that statement like your signs tend to be very misleading.

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Mike! I like that you have a comment bar. The other Candidate doesn't.

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Mike, you would make a swell MDJ!

Anonymous said...

Really there are plenty of comments on the other candidates first ad

Anonymous said...

Sure wish some of you folks would be fair to all. I must ask .... where does negativity get you, or any of us ???
Since we do not know of either candidate,we have asked people whose opinion we respect...be it a neighbor, business person , local folks where we shop,etc.
Not proud of myself when I write here anonymously, but have found that sadly some folks are somewhat nasty , or actually almost intimadating ,to anyone who does not agree with their politics, etc.
We vote and make our choices as fairly as possible , and it does sound like Both young men have Good Qualifications. Thankfully we have never been before a district judge, but feel I and others would be treated fairly by either candidate. And with the education of both,in my humble opinion the age difference should not be a factor.
Thanks for considering my comments as worth your time.Have a great day,every day.
Annie

Mike Murray said...

This is Mike and I would just like to take a moment to reply to your comments.
6:56 a.m. : It was not my intention to mislead. I have lived here for the 21 years and even though it was through my High School Career, it was indeed still living here and I take pride in having spent most of my life here.
The signs were also not meant to be misleading. I can not help that my father and I share the same name, however I wanted to sound as professional as possible. I have tried to nullify the misunderstandings by posting here on Solomans words and by going door to door introducing myself and handing out brochures with my picture. If you found them misleading I apologize.

To everyone thank you for the continued support and have a wonderful day!