xxx

xxx

Stoltz

Howard's Inc.

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

Street Machines

CIMINO AUTO PARTS

Like our Facebook page for more stories and news from all over.

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 30,000 to 50,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Bill Pekarski: Day 288, Living life on my terms.

Bill Pekarski:

Day 288, Living life on my terms.

After a busy day, I am tired. This morning I worked inside the house for a while; cleaned the kitchen and upstairs hallway, sorted and did laundry, and then washed all of our picnic silverware. Then later this afternoon, I mowed the entire lawn on barely ½ a tank of oxygen. Finally, after cooking burgers on the grill for dinner, I sat at my kitchen table and rolled just shy of 10 dozen pierogis.

After all of that I have to tell you folks something; that is exactly the way I want to live my life—on my terms and doing the things I love to do. That is what it’s all about after all.

Some of you are probably wondering what I mean by picnic silverware. You see, when Beth and I first got the house and started having cookouts and gatherings, we decided we were not big fans of plastic silverware. We went a bought a bunch of inexpensive, plain-Jane service wear we keep in a nice outdoor silverware holder just for those occasions. The only thing is, if you don’t use them for a little while, they tend to get a bit dusty.

I do have a doctor’s appointment later today to see how I am doing. I don’t expect anything to really change, but I have made some marked progress so Christian McMonical should be fairly happy with me. The simple fact that I am getting around so much better is a huge victory.

Later in the evening, I am hoping to make my way to Port Allegany to watch our Potter Mckean Little League All Stars do battle in the first round of the district 15 playoffs. These 11-12 year olds have worked extremely hard since the regular season just ended to become a single and cohesive unit. I know the hotdogs will be hot and delicious and the baseball will be exciting.

Well, like I said in the beginning, I am tired so I am going to cut things a bit short tonight. Today I am dedicating my progress to something different, not a person or group of people, but to an ideal—keep moving forward in life and never give up!

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

It is really not about living your life for you and what you want to do. You live your life for God and he will decide things for you! I pray for healing for you!

sharon said...

I hardly think a reprimand is in order, however gentle or well-meaning. I have nothing against living one's life for God but, if I understand what Bill means, he's saying that he's not going to let illness or the uncontrollable things that happen dictate how he lives his life. And I heartily applaud that sort of defiance!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you.

Anonymous said...

It wasn't a reprimand! God is in control!!