xxx

xxx

E & G

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

Howard's Inc.

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 30,000 to 50,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

CIMINO AUTO PARTS

DINGMAN'S "CALL OF THE NORTH" GIFT SHOP, 1 MILE EAST OF GAINES, PA ON ROUTE 6. STOP IN AND SEE OUR CHRISTMAS DISPLAYS & BEAUTIFUL GIFTS FOR YOUR CHRISTMAS SHOPPING NEEDS. OPEN 10 TO 5 THURSDAY THRU MONDAY.

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Bill Pekarski: Day 295, Living life on my terms.

Bill Pekarski added 4 new photos.
Day 295, Living life on my terms.

It took a while, but my wife and I realized that there is an advantage to current construction happening on Main Street in Coudersport. One can actually make a left hand turn rather easily at the light since is a 4-way stop now. I know, we would all rather have the road completed and both lanes open, but at least we found a bright side.

I would like to offer my congratulations to the Coudersport Rocks On group for their highly successful launch of their painted rock project. I saw many children and parents out today searching throughout town and all around the parks. It is such a wonderful idea to encourage fun activity in our youth. I saw bright smiles on all of the children as they performed their quest.

It just goes to show that when a few people put their minds and efforts into something, great things can happen. It is going to take the same type of initiative and tenacity to grow our business district downtown. Great ideas can come from just about anywhere; they need to heard, discussed, and acted upon by everyone from government representatives to regular citizens.

Sometimes I feel like I am beating a dead horse, but this is something that I firmly believe is possible and needs to happen. Sometimes, I wish I was independently wealthy and I could just write a check to subsidize business growth, but I am not rich. However, I have a voice, I have ideas, and I know there are others who feel the same way I do. We need to start becoming people of action and not just words.

It was interesting to see this past week that even though two of the borough council members did not see eye to eye on a particular issue, they still have a healthy respect for each other and the work each has accomplished individually. It is through this type of association that things get done. By working together, respecting others, listening to constituents, and putting the nose to the grindstone they are doing their best to represent everyone’s interests.

Having the return of the bowling alley will be a huge win for our community. Even though everyone in town did not bowl, at least it is an activity that many people enjoy. It will definitely help with the revitalization of our downtown.

Aside from the empty storefronts that align our Main Street, there is always a need for help with the various service organizations.

Groups like the Rotary Club and Lions Club International are continually seeking new members. These organizations sponsor a wide variety of activities throughout the year. The Christmas House is always open for volunteers to help with projects and donations year round. Add to that all of the different church and youth groups, you begin to realize that opportunities to get involved abound all around us.

I am not saying that everyone needs to join all of these groups, but if you want to lend a hand and make a difference, pick one and put your heart into it.

Today I am dedicating my progress to everyone reading my stories who thinks it’s time to step up and help make a difference. Positive attitudes and positive actions will lead to positive results.

11 comments :

Anonymous said...

What would Bill do, without Medicaid. Any thoughts ?

Anonymous said...

This is only going for a year right?

Anne Brougham said...

What would "Anonymous" do if someone in their family got so sick, they had almost lost their life? And couldn't work because of health? I am thanking God that the program Bill had paid into for years is there to help him get back on to his feet. It has been a tough few years for him and yet he is able to write daily posts that are uplifting and positive. Why the nasty comments? You don't like it when someone pumps up the community? Or makes people smile or laugh remembering something from their yout? People from as far as California like his daily blog and look forward to reading it each day. Here is good news for you, if you don't like his stories, YOU don't have to read them. It's that simple. I am proud of my brother for doing something that makes him happy and keeping on keeping on. I'm also not afraid to sign my name. Bill's living and proud sister Anne

Bill Pekarski said...

To 4:02 am, Not that it is any business of yours, but my wife and I have private insurance and for 6:36 am, if you don't like my stories--don't read them. It is just like changing the channel if you don't like a television show. I am deeply offended by both of your spineless comments, if you have a problem with me, tell e your name and we can talk about it.

Anonymous said...

Bill, I appreciate all of your readings. Some time I laugh and some times I cry. They are all very interesting. I agree with Anne and shame on those who try to discourage. Especially when they do not have all of the facts.
Sincerely, Bev McDowell

Anonymous said...

That's twice in the past couple of days that a couple of people have taken to the SW blog to diss or even character assassinate two upstanding members of our community who really do care and do have the guts to speak out on things with a sincere hope that enlightening the people will lead to good things. Bill and Paul, I speak for the other 99 percent who do not jump on here to gripe and to tear down those who actually do try to make things better. Both of you keep up the good work! (A former friend of both of you at Adelphia.)

Jason Leet said...

UGH! This makes me sick! Someone like Bill who has done so many things for the community and now is writing about his struggles and his life. How about you just don't read the stories. No one forces you to. Clearly you liked enough of the story to get to the bottom and comment. Just go away! That is all! Bill, thank you for doing what you are doing. I for one have truly LOVED every story you have written. I look forward to what you have to share with the rest of us on a daily basis. I hope you do this for the rest of your years! You are truly talented and a GIFT for the PRESENT! Thank you again!

Deann Bonney said...

Bill, I do not know you personally but I have enjoyed reading may of your blogs over the past year, even though many of the stories were about other people I do not know. I also want to thank you for your willingness to step up and volunteer with the Potter McKean Little League. From a baseball parent from Shinglehouse, it is truly appreciated!!

Anonymous said...

I have seen the nasty comments this week too. Bill and Paul, these people do not speak for our community. I know both of you although not well but I know of you and its' obvious your heart is in serving your community. This too shall pass. Bill, God bless you in your medical recovery. Everyone is pulling for you and we have you in our churches' prayer chain.

Alex Fish said...

Bill, was thinking about a membership with the Rotary a while ago. However, all of their resources say it's by invite only. So...if they are looking for new members, do they have to guess who wants to join??

Anonymous said...

Now this is sad to read the cruelty of some, I enjoy reading your weekly stories Bill, I so enjoy when you write about people from our past even if it makes me feel old, I do have to chuckle, I also read in your stories, love, concern & the compassign you have for others & your community, I pray you continue to write, I also read the negative comments on Paul, "Judge not, lest you be judged," We have no right to condemn or judge anyone, Shame on those that do, they need to be Praying for those in authority, God bless you Bill & thank you, "Keep Writing"
Debi Shepard