xxx

xxx

J & J

J&J Auto Coudersport
J&J Auto Coudersport

Gleason's Service Center

Gleason's Service Center

Stoltz

Howard's Inc.

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

Street Machines

CIMINO AUTO PARTS

Like our Facebook page for more stories and news from all over.

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 30,000 to 50,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

Sunday, July 2, 2017

Bill Pekarski: Day 298, Living life on my terms

Bill Pekarski:
Day 298, Living life on my terms.

There is one thing I know now that is a definitive fact: My readers of “Living life on my terms” are faithful and wonderful. Whether it is praying for a friend or alerting me to issues that are cause for concern. Thank you for following my journey and making me feel special.

I hesitated to let out the name of my friend yesterday because I wanted him to let his close friends and church family encourage him first. He is going to be going through quite an ordeal in the near future and I know everyone in town as well as anyone who grew up here will be keeping him in his prayers.

With that being said, Robert Smith (Smitty, or the Deacon as he is commonly referred) we all love and support you!

Additionally, while I am asking for prayers and support, I have to mention someone else who I wrote about recently. According to family members, Mike Gooch (Yod, Yoda, Bear, or any of the other nicknames he accrued over the years) has taken a turn for the worse. I want to send wishes of healing and comfort for him and his family as I understand the love they all have for him.

You know what? I hate writing about bad news. There is already too much pain and suffering in the world. That is why I think it is important to write positive stories and fight back against the doom ‘n gloom or the nay-sayers.

I am so proud of things happening in our town, county, and community (I should add Port Allegany into that as well). Just look around town and you are seeing more people out and about. The Old Hickory is starting to come back to life as well as the bowling alley. Places like the Crittenden are constantly making improvements and new offerings for locals and visitors. Olga’s Café has an amazing eclectic offering of gifts, art, food, and drinks. The “open mic” nights are said to be very popular and welcoming to musicians with all levels of experience. I really could go on and on.

In fact, almost every business in town should be applauded for being an important part of the fabric that makes up this community. They have stepped up to help with fund raising for projects like the town pool and many other worthwhile projects. Basket raffles at the Cream ‘n Sugar; free pool at the Critt while asking that players donate that money to the pool fund; the Tastee Freeze and Cream ‘n Sugar jumping on the “Coudersport Rocks On” project offering free single dip cones for special rocks that are found; Buchanan’s offering free delivery of medications to area residents who can’t make it to the store; the Coudersport Theater offering first run movies at a family friendly price; The Artisan Center; The Historical Society; even McDonalds and Sheetz do their best to do well by our community.

I have not even mentioned the two grocery stores, Fezz’s “everything” he operates in Sweden Valley, Kaytee’s, Kightlinger’s, Gary’s Putter Golf and Jiffy Pup, Subway, Sweden Valley Inn, Mosch’s, any of the three banks, the Chamber of Commerce, County Commissioners, and just regular citizens who make a difference every day.

We have every reason under the sun to have overwhelming community pride. We have great citizens, great schools, great teachers, and great role models all around. It is my privilege to honor them, and I plan to continue doing so for as long as I can.

Today I am dedicating my progress to Smitty and Bear, Robert Smith and Mike Gooch. They are truly two of Coudersport’s favorite citizens and friends to everyone.

No comments :