xxx

xxx

Howard's Inc.

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 30,000 to 50,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

CIMINO AUTO PARTS

PETE AND JEAN FOLK ANTIQUES AND COLLECTIBLES ARE SELLING HOWARD FURNITURE PRODUCTS AND SIMICHROME POLISH AT THE CALL OF THE NORTH GIFT SHOP....2367 Route 6, Gaines, PA 16922. 814-433-4111 and THE RIGHT STUFF at 364 East Second St., Coudersport PA. 814-274-4200.......These products are no longer available on Main Street in Galeton due to the closing of the Heart’s Desire store.

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Corydon & Bradford Dispatched To Structure Fire With Possible Entrapment

Patti Tracy DeFrank photo shared on Facebook
At 1:35 PM on Sunday, Corydon & Bradford Township were dispatched to a structure fire with possible entrapment. We were unable to hear the location on the scanner. 
Facebook comments place this fire at The Shack restaurant & bar, the former West Corydon Hotel. Ambulance has been dispatched for a firefighter. Report everyone got  out. Additional fire companies were dispatched. 
UPDATE from the daughter of The Shack's owner: Everyone got out safe and all is well. I'm sure my dad will post an update. Thank you everyone for all of your concerns and help today!

10 comments :

Anonymous said...

An ambulance from Bradford City was dispatched for a person who was pulled from the building. That's all I've heard up to now.

Anonymous said...

Any updates

Anonymous said...



Instead of watching, grab a garden hose and knock down the fire!!!

Anonymous said...

Really a garden hose.lol

Anonymous said...



RE: 6:09PM

Yes, a garden hose. A person with a garden hose can save a house if
early enough. Years ago, a Vietnamese man saved his million dollar house in California with a garden hose and a lawn sprinkler on his roof. All of the houses around him were burned to the ground because the owners(perhaps wisely) fled the area ahead of the brush fire.

Anonymous said...

I think you are off your rocker I don't know who's lollipop your licken but I think you are preachen to the wrong people pal...

Anonymous said...

Those two flame licks in liNE with the wires are the tip of a fire core/cyclone. Ain't no 1/2 inch stream gonna touch that bit of hell....

Anonymous said...



9:23PM

Very likely, somebody or some people were there prior to the firemen
and prior to the fire progressing that far. As 8:03PM said, "early enough", not after an engulfing fire.

Anonymous said...



Just one example:


Cambridge resident saves neighbor's burning home with garden hose

Fire started by cigarette causes $10K in damages

CBC News Posted: May 17, 2017 4:48 PM ET| Last Updated: May 17, 2017 4:48 PM ET


The Cambridge Fire Department arrived at the home at about 8 p.m.. By then, a neighbor had already doused the flames. (CBC)

A Cambridge resident used fast thinking and a handy garden hose to save a neighbor's home this weekend.

The Cambridge Fire department received a call about a house fire at about 8 p.m. on Sunday evening.

A neighbor spotted the fire at the rear of the nearby house. Before crews arrived, he doused the flames with spray from his garden hose.

"This situation worked out well," said Damond Jamieson, deputy chief of operations for the Cambridge Fire Department.

"But we don't want to encourage individuals to take matters into their own hands and put themselves in harm's way."

Cigarette suspected

According to the fire department, the fire started due to an improperly extinguished cigarette.

"When you're smoking you need to have a proper ashtray," said Jamieson, "and you want to run a little water over it before you dispose of it."

He said fires caused by cigarettes are more common in hot, dry weather. Outdoor smokers should make sure their butts are out before they head back inside.

Residents of the home were reported to have not suffered any injuries.

Damage to the home is estimated at $10,000.




Anonymous said...

Sometimes I wonder about the citizens I live with in this area. Are we really debating whether someone should've grabbed a garden hose or not. How about a working fire suppression system of some sort. I don't know if you can hook those up off of well service but what the heck. All I am picturing right now is a bunch of people with garden hoses succumbing to smoke inhalation. Unreal. Cmon people. That fire happened pretty quickly.