xxx

xxx

Stoltz Of Coudersport

Howard's Inc.

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 30,000 to 50,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

CIMINO AUTO PARTS

PETE AND JEAN FOLK ANTIQUES AND COLLECTIBLES ARE SELLING HOWARD FURNITURE PRODUCTS AND SIMICHROME POLISH AT THE CALL OF THE NORTH GIFT SHOP....2367 Route 6, Gaines, PA 16922. 814-433-4111 and THE RIGHT STUFF at 364 East Second St., Coudersport PA. 814-274-4200.......These products are no longer available on Main Street in Galeton due to the closing of the Heart’s Desire store.

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Coudersport Dispatched To Working Structure Fire With Entrapment

7/29/17 10:53:07 2017-00025575 STRUCTURE FIRE 1308 E SECOND ST, SWEDEN TWP WITH CONFIRMED ENTRAPMENT. ASSISTANT CHIEF TIM HASKINS ARRIVED WITHIN ONE MINUTE OF DISPATCH, CONFIRMING A FIRE ON FRONT PORCH/DOOR OF THE RESIDENCE.

MEMBERS OF THE RESIDENCE, AFTER BEING ALERTED BY A NEIGHBOR WERE ATTEMPTING TO EXTINGUISH THE FIRE. ONE INDIVIDUAL HAD TO GET OUT OF A FRONT WINDOW TO SAFETY, WHILE HASKINS HELPED REMOVE AN ELDERLY LADY( IN A WHEEL CHAIR) OUT A BACK DOOR TO SAFETY AS THE HOUSE WAS FILLING WITH TOXIC SMOKE FROM THE SIDING/CHIPBOARD.
CVAA AND MEDIC 7 TREATED THE FEMALE THAT ESCAPED THE WINDOW AND CHECKED THE OTHER MEMBERS OF THE RESIDENCE ( 5 ADULTS, 4 MINOR CHILDREN ). ONE ADULT WAS TRANSPORTED TO CCMH.
CDSPT COMMAND CANCELED PORT ALLEGANY RIT UNIT, HELD BOX TO ENGINE 48.
THE FIRE WAS CAUSED BY A DISCARDED CIGARETTES IN A PLASTIC CUP ON THE FRONT PORCH, IGNITED THE SIDING AND FRONT PORCH OF THE UNIT. THE UNIT IS OWNED BY CABIN INVESTMENTS AND IS INSURED.
GREAT JOB BY COUDERSPORT FIRE DEPT.


At 10:52 AM on Saturday, Coudersport Fire Dept. has been dispatched to 1308 East Second Street in Sweden Township for a working structure fire with entrapment.
Port Allegany dispatched for RIT.
Coudersport Chief reports no entrapment. Everyone out of the residence. Fire contained. 
11:00 AM--Port Allegany RECALLED. Fire out.

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Our community is the best, great Job Tim, CVFD, CVAA and Medic 7. Could have gotten bad fast....

Anonymous said...

careless smokers should be fined!!!!

Anonymous said...

I was thankful to read only one adult went to hospital, and prayers it is not too serious. IF THAT PERSON WAS THE SMOKER, OR if more than one person was smoking, I sure hope a very important lesson was learned today.Move away from the home when smoking.....and surely away from children to avoid second hand smoke! This could have been tragic, and once again a great response saved the day. I do agree strongly with the comment of charging the person responsible. Volunteers do a wonderful job, put them self at risk for others.Accidents happen...but this is careless act and sure hope at least a very generous donation is made.....If they are renters, landlord should charge them if possible.....no idea? Something for all to ponder.Thanks for reading my opinion, for what it is worth.