Woodsmen Show

Woodsmen Show

xxx

xxx

Shop ' Save

xx

Howard's Inc.

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 30,000 to 50,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

CIMINO AUTO PARTS

PETE AND JEAN FOLK ANTIQUES AND COLLECTIBLES ARE SELLING HOWARD FURNITURE PRODUCTS AND SIMICHROME POLISH AT THE CALL OF THE NORTH GIFT SHOP....2367 Route 6, Gaines, PA 16922. 814-433-4111 and THE RIGHT STUFF at 364 East Second St., Coudersport PA. 814-274-4200.......These products are no longer available on Main Street in Galeton due to the closing of the Heart’s Desire store.

Friday, July 7, 2017

THINK ABOUT IT!

Needs
by
Pastor B.J. Knefley

What do you need? Is it a job, new car, peace of mind, less stress, health? Does the list ever end? Talk to anyone and you’ll find that his or her needs vary from person to person. What is a need for one is a want for another. How do you even distinguish a want from a need? After all if I need it I must want it too, or do I?

For some, life is consumed with acquiring more. Although we might see them as real needs, they are more often just wants. We want to have more money, a bigger house, more vacation, a better job, and the list goes on. Jesus on the other hand stated something very plan and simple “And don’t be concerned about what to eat and what to drink. Don’t worry about such things. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and he will give you everything you need.” (Luke 12:29, 31 NLT).

I was in a specialty store the other day and picked up an item that caught my eye. After adding it to some other items that I was buying the owner said, “You really like gadgets don’t you?” My friend who was with me laughed and said, “You don’t even know the half of it.” I’m intrigued with gadgets and my life is cluttered with them. Guess how many I’ve needed? That’s right, none. So why did I have to have them? Is it because I like everyone else am caught up in a materialistic world that I have missed out on what’s really important? Am I only building up earthly treasures that will only decay and become obsolete in this world? When will I remember that it’s only the things of God’s Kingdom that will last?

I suppose that one of the questions that I must first answer is the question of purpose. Am I created for this world, or was the world created for me? A quick study of Genesis reveals that God created mankind to have dominion over the world, not the other way around. Sadly we have allowed the world to have dominion over us. How? We do this when we focus our lives on what we want instead of what we need. What do we need? We need the creator for He alone knows what we need and we are the most secure when we find ourselves in the middle of it. Think about it.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

This is so true!! I have been weeding out the things that aren't that important. I have learned to live with in my means! I also find that my bills get paid that way!

Anonymous said...

Amen & Amen !!!!