xxx

xxx

E & G

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

Howard's Inc.

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 30,000 to 50,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

CIMINO AUTO PARTS

DINGMAN'S "CALL OF THE NORTH" GIFT SHOP, 1 MILE EAST OF GAINES, PA ON ROUTE 6. STOP IN AND SEE OUR CHRISTMAS DISPLAYS & BEAUTIFUL GIFTS FOR YOUR CHRISTMAS SHOPPING NEEDS. OPEN 10 TO 5 THURSDAY THRU MONDAY.

Friday, July 14, 2017

Think About It

Clutter
by Pastor B.J. Knefley

Clutter, our lives are often filled with it. Clutter takes up a lot of space in every aspect of our life. Spiritually, physically and emotionally, our life can be cluttered, so much so that it paralyzes us from moving forward or getting help.

This morning as I look around my office I’m looking at clutter. In other words my desk is a mess as is everything else in the room. Oh I know where everything is so don’t try to fix it you’ll only mess up my filling system. Other rooms in my house are not as bad as my office but they’re getting there. Why? How do we allow clutter to take over? What provokes us to allow such things to happen?

Take my garage for example. I’ve had it quite well organized and then we had a garage sale. From there it was on to a building project, and then we returned from a camping trip and everything got unloaded and placed on the floor of the garage. Now it’s a disaster and it’s driving me crazy.

I suppose that one of the things that tends to get me sidetracked is a simple thing called the tyranny of the urgent. It’s like trying to put out a forest fire by stamping out a spot here and a spot there while the fire just gets bigger. Can you relate? What’s the good news? I’m working on it. I’m not going to be taken over by clutter so I’m systematically going through papers, books, and stuff. Most will be chucked into the garbage. That will take care of the physical clutter, but what about the spiritual and emotional clutter? For that I have a different solution.

The Apostle Paul said, … “I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead” (Phil 3:13). That simply means to keep my eyes focused upon the goal. Running the race of life without allowing the struggles and events of life to hinder the journey. Spiritual and emotional clutter will do that. In the scope of eternity, do I really have to hold on to those things? Living with the goal in mind can cause you to live free in the space we call today. Think about it.

2 comments :

Bernard Fowler said...

I can relate to this.

Anonymous said...

I think we all can relate to this message Mike, great words of knowledge & wisdom, we all carry unnecessary clutter around instead of leaving it in the past & looking foward to the purpose & plan God has for us to run the race....... Amen, Debi Shepard