xxx

xxx

Eleni Interiors, Olean, NY

Eleni  Interiors, Olean, NY

Blake Dentistry

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

Howard's Inc.

Olde Schoolhouse Village Shoppes

Olde Schoolhouse Village Shoppes

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 30,000 to 50,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

CIMINO AUTO PARTS

DINGMAN'S "CALL OF THE NORTH" GIFT SHOP, 1 MILE EAST OF GAINES, PA ON ROUTE 6. STOP IN AND SEE OUR CHRISTMAS DISPLAYS & BEAUTIFUL GIFTS FOR YOUR CHRISTMAS SHOPPING NEEDS. OPEN 10 TO 5 THURSDAY THRU MONDAY.

Friday, July 21, 2017

Think About It

This World
by Pastor B.J. Knefley

Am I made for this world, or is this world made for me? Think about that for a moment and then think about how you live your life. Are you living for the world or is it living for you?

We live in a culture that self is elevated above all else. Self-gratification, self-actuation, self-promotion are just a few of the norms of a self-focused life. Human value isn’t determined by the whole but rather by the one. I’m right and you’re wrong is more important than listening and understanding others. After all, if I’m right why should I?

How’d we get to this place? How did we get from neighbor helping neighbor to, neighbor despising neighbor? How did we come to the place that the desires and beliefs of one over shadow the rights of the whole? We are moving further and further away from a collective society to a society of anarchy. How has this happened?

Personally I believe that it relates to our worldview and how we individually fit into it. You’ve heard the command to love your neighbor as yourself? Would you concur that in some sense it relates to the idea that collectively we do better in this world when we get along? If it takes a village to raise a child then doesn’t that mean that we have to live in unity for the well being of the child? When I was a child that meant that the neighbor corrected me and then told my parent and my parent corrected me again. Today it’s ‘Don’t you dare tell my child what to do’.

A position of autonomy comes with responsibility. If my worldview is that I’m on this earth to take care of it then I must do that. Sometimes that will mean doing what is best for the world over what is best for me. But if I’m here and the world is here to take care of me then I’m looking for a way to get it. From this position I am more important than the world because the world owes me. It’s a sad place we’ve come to. Think about it.
by Pastor B.J. Knefley

Am I made for this world, or is this world made for me? Think about that for a moment and then think about how you live your life. Are you living for the world or is it living for you?

We live in a culture that self is elevated above all else. Self-gratification, self-actuation, self-promotion are just a few of the norms of a self-focused life. Human value isn’t determined by the whole but rather by the one. I’m right and you’re wrong is more important than listening and understanding others. After all, if I’m right why should I?

How’d we get to this place? How did we get from neighbor helping neighbor to, neighbor despising neighbor? How did we come to the place that the desires and beliefs of one over shadow the rights of the whole? We are moving further and further away from a collective society to a society of anarchy. How has this happened?

Personally I believe that it relates to our worldview and how we individually fit into it. You’ve heard the command to love your neighbor as yourself? Would you concur that in some sense it relates to the idea that collectively we do better in this world when we get along? If it takes a village to raise a child then doesn’t that mean that we have to live in unity for the well being of the child? When I was a child that meant that the neighbor corrected me and then told my parent and my parent corrected me again. Today it’s ‘Don’t you dare tell my child what to do’.

A position of autonomy comes with responsibility. If my worldview is that I’m on this earth to take care of it then I must do that. Sometimes that will mean doing what is best for the world over what is best for me. But if I’m here and the world is here to take care of me then I’m looking for a way to get it. From this position I am more important than the world because the world owes me. It’s a sad place we’ve come to. Think about it.

No comments :