xxx

xxx

Stoltz

Like our Facebook page for more stories and news from all over.

J & J

J&J Auto Coudersport
J&J Auto Coudersport

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

Howard's Inc.

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 30,000 to 50,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

CIMINO AUTO PARTS

Friday, August 11, 2017

Think About It

Why We Do What We Do
by
Pastor B.J. Knefley

Behind every action there is a reason. Life does not happen in a vacuum. Everything that we do has a reason. From the basis of who we are comes our decisions, thoughts, behaviors, and of course, actions. So what does this all mean? What in reality motivates me and influences me? How much am I aware of, and how much am I not aware? It is said that 82% of our lives are hidden in the subconscious part of our minds. That means that only 18% is in the frontal areas and are at our ready retrieval. What kind of an affect does this have and can I even do anything about it?

Paul states “For we must all stand before Christ to be judged. We will each receive whatever we deserve for the good or evil we have done in our bodies.” 2 Cor. 5:10 (NLT). I’ve often thought about this verse in the context of my personal responsibility with respect to my own actions and decisions. In other words, we often contribute our actions and decisions as the direct effect of the actions and decisions of others. What they do or don’t do causes us to made decisions from that standpoint. But what would happen if I understood that all of my actions and decisions were solely mine to own regardless of what another did or did not do, and that the other person would also be solely responsible for theirs. If I understood that I was going to be responsible for everything I said and did, would that change anything? Would it change how I dealt with people? Would it change how I treated others? I suspect that it would because our total outlook would have changed. Rather than responding to what others do, we would respond from the position of responsibility. Ideally, if all were doing this we would probably be living in a much nicer world. But be that as it may, we are not living in such a world because most people don’t view their lives from the standpoint of its relationship to the next.

The point of this entire thought is to challenge our thinking to the point of remembering that what we do here in this life has a direct affect on the next. Knowing this can actually influence how I act in this life and ultimately make for a better society. Think about it.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Great word Bernie, really needed at this time!!!!! I'm speaking for myself!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love to read your post. It always leaves me inspired. Thank you.