xxx

xxx

E & G

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

Howard's Inc.

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 30,000 to 50,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

CIMINO AUTO PARTS

DINGMAN'S "CALL OF THE NORTH" GIFT SHOP, 1 MILE EAST OF GAINES, PA ON ROUTE 6. STOP IN AND SEE OUR CHRISTMAS DISPLAYS & BEAUTIFUL GIFTS FOR YOUR CHRISTMAS SHOPPING NEEDS. OPEN 10 TO 5 THURSDAY THRU MONDAY.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Carbon Monoxide Safety Reminder

Crisp, fall weather has arrived, and as you begin to switch on heating equipment, UGI encourages customers to take the proper steps to prevent a build-up of carbon monoxide (CO) inside your home.

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, poisonous gas that is a by-product of the incomplete combustion of fuels such as wood, charcoal, gasoline, kerosene, oil, natural gas and propane.

CO poisoning can be fatal. Individuals who think they might be experiencing symptoms of CO poisoning should immediately seek fresh air and prompt medical attention. Symptoms of CO poisoning including headache, fatigue, shortness of breath, nausea and dizziness.

A malfunctioning furnace, boiler, water heater, or stove can emit CO into your home.


UGI urges customers to be aware of the signs of CO in their home including:

  • Condensation on walls and windows
  • House plants dying
  • House pets becoming sluggish
  • Chronic odors from a malfunctioning appliance
  • Residents in the home suffering flu-like symptoms or feeling unusually tired

UGI encourages all customers to properly maintain their natural gas appliances and have them inspected by a qualified professional. Vents can become blocked by plants or animal nesting materials during the warm weather months, and it's important to clear any obstructions away from vents and chimneys prior to winter.

For more safety tips, visit www.ugi.com/safety.

UGI crews and most local fire departments have instruments to measure carbon monoxide levels in your home or business. If you suspect carbon monoxide, contact UGI. If you are experiencing sickness from carbon monoxide, call 911.

No comments :