Coudersport Ice Mine Opens On Friday, June 5th. Hours are 10 a.m.- 6 p.m. Wednesday thru Sunday. Admission Adults $5.00. Children 6-12 $2.50. 176 Ice Mine Road, Coudersport, PA.

Stoltz of Coudersport

Howard's Inc, Coudersport, PA



Solomon's Words for the Wise



Southern Tier Polaris, Olean, NY

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 40,000 to 70,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page


Friday, August 29, 2008

Attorney General Says 2 Babies Have Died Already

Attorney General Corbett urges families to stop using product subject to safety alert and to exercise caution when shopping for consumer products

HARRISBURG - Attorney General Tom Corbett today urged Pennsylvania families to stop using 3-in-1 and 4-in-1 Convertible Sleeper Model bassinets manufactured by Reading-based Simplicity, Inc. The Attorney General's warning was prompted by a safety alert issued by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) following reports of child deaths associated with these products.

"Consumers caring for a newborn or infant child should carefully check whether their family's bassinet is among those covered by the CPSC safety alert. Anyone discovering a Simplicity 3-in-1 or Simplicity 4-in-1 sleeper should immediately stop using it", Corbett said. "I also urge consumers to regularly check whether other items they use in and around their homes have been the subject of a recall, and to shop carefully when buying new products for their families."

The bassinets covered by the safety alert include the Simplicity 3-in-1 and 4-in-1 Convertible "Close-Sleeper" Models, also known as "bedside sleepers". According to the CPSC, these items contain metal bars spaced farther apart than 2 3/8 inches, which is the maximum distance allowed under the federal crib safety standard. This spacing can allow an infant to slip through the bassinet's opening and become trapped in between the metal bars, leading to suffocation. Two infants have already died in these bassinets according to the CPSC. As many as one million of these products were sold to consumers in Pennsylvania and throughout the United States. More......

No comments :