Stoltz of Coudersport

Really Rural

xxx

xxx

E & G

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 40,000 to 70,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

Howard's Inc, Coudersport, PA

UPMC Cole

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Coudersport Firefighters Have Busy Week

By Gerri Miller--WFRM NEWS
Coudersport volunteer firefighters have been kept busy over the past several days.

Friday afternoon, the local department was summoned to a field along Route 44 about two miles north of Hebron Center where the property owner was conducting a controlled burn, but the call was placed by a passerby.

At about 8:30 that evening, 18 volunteers responded to a porch fire at the Curt and Michelle Long residence on Red Wing Road off of North Hollow Road. According to assistant chief Bryan Phelps, the blaze was started when a discarded cigarette ignited some mulch and flames spread to the porch.

The owner had extinguished the blaze by the time firefighters arrived on scene. Damage has been estimated to be about $2,000. All units were back in service less than an hour later.

Then, Coudersport volunteers were called in to assist Port Allegany under the mutual aid system to battle a fire at the Mid-Town Bar which resulted in about $50,000 damage. But the local department was recalled enroute.

On Sunday, volunteers answered a call for a vehicle fire on Dutch Hill. State police are investigating the blaze which erupted while the vehicle was under motion. There were no injuries.

Firefighters were called just after 4:00 o’clock Monday to Charles Cole Hospital when an air conditioner wall unit in Extended Care malfunctioned and caught fire. According to Phelps, hospital personnel shut off the power to the unit, evacuated patients and extinguished the blaze. Damage estimated to be about $1,000. The situation was turned over to the hospital maintenance department after it was determined there was no further danger.

Then, a couple of hours later, at about 6:00 p.m. yesterday, the department responded to a call at Morgan AM&T on Route 6 east where an impregnating oven in the western part of the plant exploded and caught fire.

The situation was turned over to the plant’s maintenance department when the blaze was put out and all units were back in service less than two hours after the call.

Phelps noted that all of the calls were kept at single alarms and there were no injuries.

No comments :