SOLOMON'S WORDS

Stoltz

DR. Tarbox

DR. Tarbox

xxx

xxx

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

UPMC Cole

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Don't Forget CO Detectors

Don't forget CO detectors, fire chiefs say

Carbon monoxide can kill, residents warned

By Christine V. Sulat • csulat@gannett.com
Star Gazette

A simple and relatively inexpensive Christmas gift could save a loved one's life.

A carbon monoxide detector or combined carbon monoxide/smoke detector could be the gift that keeps on giving.

Carbon monoxide poisoning is insidious. It can occur over a long period or in just a few hours.

It can make you very sick or kill you.

The gas cannot be smelled, tasted or detected by human senses. It can creep up on you as you sleep ... and you may not wake up.

Carbon monoxide is the No. 1 material for poisoning in the United States, Corning Fire Chief Stephen Monroe said. More...

No comments: