JVB. BANK RIGHT. Our drive-thru lanes are open for business during the COVID-19 Emergency! Coudersport Office and Lillibridge Place Office in Port Allegany. (West Mill St.)

Stoltz Of Coudersport

Howard's Inc, Coudersport, PA



Southern Tier Polaris, Olean, NY

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 40,000 to 70,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

Suplizio for Senate



Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Help Available To Pay COBRA Premiums

New COBRA Options Available

Individuals who were recently laid off and need health insurance may be eligible for help paying for COBRA benefits, according to state Sen. Mike Stack.

The recently passed federal stimulus package may provide a 65 percent reduction on COBRA premiums for up to nine months to eligible enrollees. These enrollees would pay only 35 percent of their COBRA premiums and the remaining 65 percent is reimbursed to the coverage provider or employer through a tax credit.

Additionally, individuals who previously declined COBRA coverage because of the cost may re-enroll to see if they qualify to receive coverage at reduced rates.More from
1490 NewsBlog...


Anonymous said...

What about families that cannot afford health insurance but make too much money to get medical assistance through the county office and too much money to get CHIP ??

Anonymous said...

How about us poor fools who are self employed and get no benefits at all from the government that taxes us? We need help too.

Anonymous said...

It seems the only ones that are not 'poor fools' are the ones playing the system to get medical benefits handed to them. I would love to know how you do it. Cobra should not just be for displaced workers. And if you are in the middle class income ,you should not have to jump through hoops to get help with medical coverage for your families.

Anonymous said...

Seems like we could learn something from our northern neighbors in Canada! All citizens have health care! B,Jones