Howard's Inc, Coudersport, PA

xxx

xxx

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 40,000 to 70,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

UPMC Cole Healthy Holidays

UPMC Cole Healthy Holidays

UPMC Cole

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Many Displaced By Bradford Fires--Fire Marshalls Rule Them Accidental

WESB NEWS--Friday Fires Ruled Accidental

State police fire marshals have released more information on Friday's fires that left seven families homeless.

Bradford Township Fire Department has posted dramatic photos on their website.

Trooper Greg Agosti investigated the fire at 85 Congress Street and has determined it was an accident. He says the fire started in the downstairs rear apartment and quickly spread to the second floor due to the balloon construction style of the apartment building.

There were no injuries, but three families have been left homeless. Edna Hallock of Bradford owns the building. Damage is estimated at $250,000. The building is scheduled for emergency demolition today.

Trooper Mike McCracken says the fire at 23 Tibbitts Avenue was also accidental.

He says the fire started in second floor apartment and spread throughout the second floor. The first floor was heavily damaged by smoke and water. Four families in that apartment building were left homeless.

There were no human injuries, but one kitten died. Guider Investments of Loveland, Ohio, owns the building. Damage is estimated at $200,000.

The McKean/Potter Counties Chapter of the American Red Cross is assisting the families.

No comments :