Stoltz of Coudersport

Solomon's Words for the Wise



Southern Tier Polaris, Olean, NY

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 40,000 to 70,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page


Friday, December 23, 2011

Occupants Escape 3 AM House Fire On High Street In Bradford

Occupants Escape 3 AM House Fire

No people were hurt but two pet birds died in a fire early this morning on High Street in Bradford.

Anne Holliday, News Director at WESB/WBRR reported: At 3:02 a.m. Bradford City firefighters got a call about smoke in the house at 15 High Street. Captain Matt Rettger says the smoke was getting worse when they got there and, when he sent a crew in, the house “burst into flames and pushed them back out the front door … We had a house fire.”

The tenants, Terry L. Short and Ellie Howard, were out of the house before firefighters arrived.

Rettger told WESB and The HERO that the cause of the fire was improper use of an extension cord that overheated.

22 firefighters from the city and Bradford Township were on the scene for about three hours.

UPDATE: The PA State Police Fire Marshal Greg Agosti, and Bradford City Fire Department investigated the origin and cause of a fire that damaged a 2 story wood frame residential dwelling at 15 High Street in the City of Bradford.

All occupants escaped without injury. Damage is estimated at $40,000.

The cause of the fire was determined to have resulted from an overheated extension cord. The cord was powering a 1500 watt electric space heater, an LCD big screen TV, a DVD player, and a cellular phone charger.

The house is owned by Patricia Verrelli of Bradford, PA.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

watch those extension cords folks!

never ever run a space heater on an extension cord. that goes for power strips too.

glad to hear everyone got out ok.