Southern Tier Polaris, Olean, NY

Stoltz

xxx

xxx

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

UPMC Cole

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Some Residents Return After Fire At Cole Manor Caused By Ceiling Fan


Coudersport Vol FireDept
was dispatched at 15:43 hrs to 101 E Maple St-Cole Manor on Tuesday for a reported automatic fire alarm activation.

Assistant Chief Travis Osborne responded and shortly after Dispatch advised Osborne that a Cdspt FF was on scene reporting smoke in the structure. Osborne arrived on scene and established command and reported that evacuation of the 19 residents were underway w/smoke in the structure.

Engine 48-2 , Rescue 8, Tower 9 responded w/full crews and immediately assisted with the evacuation and engine crews began fire suppression, Tower 9 laddered the roof.

Residents were being taken to St Eulalia church, Dr Neefe's office to get them in out of the weather and accounted for.

Osborne began interior command and upon the arrival of Assistant Chief Dubots assumed command and requested an Engine and crew from Roulette to our station for standby assignment.

Engine crews made quick work of the fire on the second floor apt., Osborne reported out Via Capt 48-Dana Stevens, and reported that the fire was under control with no further extension shortly after 1600 hrs.

The cause of the fire was determined to be a faulty ceiling light/fan combo in a bathroom on the second floor which extended into the ceiling and bathroom area of a single apartment.

Coudersport Ambulance transported one resident to CCMH for injuries sustained from falling while being evacuated.

Crews remained on scene to evacuate the smoke from the structure, assist with bringing residents back to their apartments.

Lonnie Bunch from CCMH reports that 12 of the 19 residents are back in the facility while the others have been placed w/family until the second floor is properly cleaned and restored, no estimate of damage has been determined at the time of this report.

Coudersport Fire Department was assisted by Coudersport Ambulance/2 units and crews, along with chief officers and Medic 6, Boro Police, Roulette Fire Dept., numerous persons from the community that assisted w/evacuation of the residents and the staff from CCMH and Cole Manor.

Photo shared by Kim Kudrick

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Kudos and dildines to Stan Hess for his quick response to this fire. Kudos and special dildines to the CVFD firefighters and others who helped with the evacuation. This could have been worse but our brave and dedicated people came through.

Robin said...

Good job and God Bless for your quick work.. Thank you CVFD

Anonymous said...

I just learned Mr. Hess was there to visit a resident and he discovered the fire, worked to extinguish it and cut off the oxygen supply so it would not sporead. That does not surprise me as he is a quick thinker and a good guy so I will give the GIANT kudos and GIANTER dildines to Stan Hess for his actions and thanks to everyone else. We have a dear friend at the manor and she is fine. THANKS AGAIN.

Anonymous said...

Everyone did a great job taking care of the residents and putting the fire out. You all deserve a great big THANK YOU. Im very proud of you Nellie!