Stoltz of Coudersport

Howard's Inc, Coudersport, PA

xxx

xxx

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 40,000 to 70,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

Bokman of Wellsville

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

UPMC Cole

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Structure Fire At Houghton College Dorm

Structure Fire At Houghton College Dorm
At 9:23 pm on Thursday, Houghton, Rushhford, Fillmore and Oramel Fire Departments have been dispatched to Houghton College at Room 401 in Rothenbuhler Hall for a structure fire. Callers are reporting smoke showing.
10:12 PM-FIRE INVESTIGATORS CALLED TO SCENE
11:14 PM--Houghton Fire Units back in Service 

Reader Provided Update:
 On August 16, at approximately 9:00 p.m., there was a fire at Houghton College in a fourth story dorm room at the Rothenbuhler men’s dormitory.

The fire was caused by a faulty oscillating fan and was immediately suppressed by the sprinkler system and contained to one room. The single room only received damage due to smoke. Water from the sprinkler system also caused some superficial damage in various rooms in the floors below.


The dormitory was occupied by only one person, as the students do not begin arriving on campus until next week. The single occupant is a residence assistant for the Rothenbuhler men’s dormitory and was not present in the room during the fire. There were no injuries reported.


Initial clean-up is anticipated to take only a few days, and superficial repairs should be completed over the next month. Students who were scheduled to have living arrangements in any of the damaged rooms will be temporarily relocated to other campus living spaces until the dorm rooms are back to suitable living conditions.

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

This site is awesome! I have been listening to the call at Houghton on my scanner. Sounds like it is under control.

Anonymous said...

On August 16, at approximately 9:00 p.m., there was a fire at Houghton College in a fourth story dorm room at the Rothenbuhler men’s dormitory.
The fire was caused by a faulty oscillating fan and was immediately suppressed by the sprinkler system and contained to one room. The single room only received damage due to smoke. Water from the sprinkler system also caused some superficial damage in various rooms in the floors below.
The dormitory was occupied by only one person, as the students do not begin arriving on campus until next week. The single occupant is a residence assistant for the Rothenbuhler men’s dormitory and was not present in the room during the fire. There were no injuries reported.
Initial clean-up is anticipated to take only a few days, and superficial repairs should be completed over the next month. Students who were scheduled to have living arrangements in any of the damaged rooms will be temporarily relocated to other campus living spaces until the dorm rooms are back to suitable living conditions.

Anonymous said...

To the reader who provided the Update... Thankyou !! My son is attending the college and will be staying in Rothenbuhler. I didn't receive any e-mails from Houghton about the fire so I was glad to see this update.