Street Machines, Coudersport, PA

Stoltz

Howard's Inc, Coudersport, PA

xxx

xxx

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 40,000 to 70,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

UPMC Cole

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Bradford Man Escapes Fire Christmas Morning

Bradford Fire Dept. photos submitted by Jay Bradish

By Anne Holliday   

WESB Local News

A Bradford man was hurt and lost his home in a fire early on Christmas morning.

Firefighters were called to the Miller Street home of Alex Nemeth at about 7:30 a.m. and found smoke coming from the first and second floors as well as the eaves, and fire in the first floor windows.

Nemeth was asleep in a second floor bedroom when the smell of smoke woke him up. He left the house and called 911. He suffered smoke inhalation and, after being evaluated on the scene by fire department personnel, was taken to BRMC for further evaluation and treatment. The Red Cross is assisting him.

Firefighter Andy Eliason was hit in the helmet by an axe during overhaul operations, but did not need medical evaluation and remained on duty.

State Police Fire Marshal David Powell says the blaze started in the area behind what was left of the TV and entertainment center. He says the cause was an electrical failure in a power strip providing power to the TV, DVD player and VCR. Powell adds that because the fire was put out so quickly, fire damage was limited to the living room and stairwell, but smoke and heat damage were seen throughout the first and second floor. Damage is estimated at $75,000. The house was insured.

All off-duty personnel were called in, Bradford Township firefighters were on stand-by at the Central Fire Station, and the Bradford Regional Rapid Respond Team was called to the scene. The fire was under control at about 8:30 a.m.

No comments :