solomon's words

solomon's words

Stoltz of Coudersport, PA

xxx

xxx

Do You Know: You can buy this marquee ad on Solomon's words for the wise for your business or event for only $10. per day! It's just one of the low cost advertising options available. Your ad is viewed 40,000 to 70,000 times every day. Email us for information on other ad locations.

E & G

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

Howard's Inc, Coudersport, PA

UPMC Cole

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Governor Wolf Calls For Severance Tax On Natural Gas In PA

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

One of the most egregious arguments in support of the current shale gas boom in PA and other states is that our glut of natural gas is making the U.S. energy independent. This fact may be true for the moment, but since fossil fuels are nonrenewable, wouldn't it make sense to conserve what we aren't consuming right now for future U.S. energy needs, rather than ship it overseas now? If we truly want to REMAIN energy independent, we wouldn't be shipping our natural gas overseas...it's about quick money now for the gas companies!

Anonymous said...

EXACTLY......

Anonymous said...

I agree with 6:09. Why "drain America first?"

Anonymous said...

If I read this right it states that 80% of the revenue gained by the shale tax will come from outside of Pa. However, what about the other 20%. We really don't need any more taxes put on us plus think of the elderly and those on fixed incomes. Now, if 100% of the revenue came from outside our state that would be another story.

Anonymous said...

Why import as much if not more than we ship out?

Anonymous said...

It's easy to make statements without putting things into the proper perspective, So lest start by asking What is the percentage of tax paid to other natural gas producing states, and how it that revenue being used. Then see what Pennsylvania percentage rate and how is that revenue being used. Tom Corbett raise the Gasoline Tax to pay for Highway improvement and we now have either the highest gasoline Tax in the nation or the second highest. Remember NO TAX Increase TOM, yep he served one term with a packed Republican Senate and House of Representatives. A counter Productive Severance Tax, NO a tax in line with other gas producing state certainly sound fair to me. But Gouging the industry that is turning around the sagging economies here in the northern tier of Pennsylvania after a long economic down slide is UNACCEPTABLE PERIOD.