Southern Tier Polaris, Olean, NY

Stoltz

xxx

xxx

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

UPMC Cole

Saturday, August 17, 2019

Explosion, Structure Fire with Burn Victim on Church Street in Westfield on Friday

Crary Hose Company

On August 16 at 11:38, Crary Hose Company responded to a structure fire at 318 Church Street reported as an explosion with injury. 

Crews were able to quickly extinguish the fire in the basement. 

One adult male burn victim who was in the basement at the time of the explosion was flown to Strong Memorial in Rochester. 

None of the other eight occupants ranging in age from 11 months to 48 years received injury. 

The fire was investigated by Fire Marshal Nick Lafredo and determined to be accidental in nature. The explosion occurred when a propane fueled water heater was being lit. 

All units were back in quarters at 15:00. The house was severely damaged by the explosion. A great job by all who responded from Crary Hose Company, Clymer Hose Company, Sabinsville Ambulance, Harrison Township Fire Department, Wellsboro ALS, Westfield PD and Guthrie Air. Thank you to Mountain Laurel Recovery for providing assistance and to the Tioga County 911 dispatchers for the great job they did.

No comments :