Stoltz

DR. Tarbox

DR. Tarbox

Ice Mine

Solomon's Auction & Yard Sale Page

howard hanna

E&G

POCO Master Gardner


UPMC

UPMC

Click Above to Find a UPMC Provider or Schedule an Appointment/

Friday, January 14, 2022

Police Say Olean Firefighter Stole $116,000. From Department Funds


On January 12, 2022, SP Olean Troopers arrested Terry M. Gaylor, 40, of Olean, NY for Grand Larceny 2nd Degree, two counts of Forgery 2nd, and Official misconduct by a public servant.

An investigation which began in March 2021 led Troopers to discover Gaylor had forged checks to himself from the city of Olean Fire Department “2% Fund” totaling $116,022.81.

Gaylor was arrested and arraigned in Cattaraugus County Court where he was remanded to Cattaraugus County Jail.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable, someone who is in a position to help others in needs commits this type of offence! I hope he is prosecuted, and serves the maximum sentence!

Anonymous said...

What internal control did the City of Olean have in place which allowed this to happen with my tax dollars? Shame on them!!!

Anonymous said...

Very sad And if he did this to support some type of habit I hope he gets the help to beat that Tou just never know

Anonymous said...

WOW! If you can steal over $100000.00 from the "2%" Fund , they must have a lot of money. Where's the other 98%?

Anonymous said...

Why to jail? Non violent crime.

Anonymous said...

What ever happened to the guy from Genesee that stole from the Ambulance association

Anonymous said...

To 1:55 It's public record. He pled guilty.

Anonymous said...


Re: 1:55pm

A Potter County Judge has handed down a jail sentence to a former first responder in Genesee, PA. In the Court of Common Pleas, Judge Stephen Minor delivered a sentence of 14 months to 28 months to Scott Andrew Luce, age 37. At the time of sentencing, Luce had paid restitution in the amount $93,452.51. In June 2017, Pennsylvania State Police leveled more than 128 felony and misdemeanor counts against Luce. The judge also ruled that the entire sentence shall run concurrent to the New York State sentence Luce is currently serving. The Court further ruled:

Defendant shall make a public apology by public notice covering the Genesee Township area.
The defendant shall not be involved as a Treasurer or Officer in any Non-Profit Organizations.
The defendant will receive credit for time served, being three (3) days.
The Defendant is to have NO CONTACT with the victim(s) of his crime.
The Defendant shall comply with all terms and conditions established by the PA Department of Probation/Parole.
While Treasurer of Genesee Fire & Ambulance, Luce was accused of stealing nearly $100,000. In Potter County, he pled guilty to a single count of felony theft by unlawful taking. Luce had also been convicted of stealing funds from the Independence Emergency Squad while he served as treasurer there.

Anonymous said...

What happened to the guy at Coudersport Fire Company that stole money?